If you use Molasses????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Ford

I am sick of firms like Van dead dear or rob u sensas. Look a small amount of weak molasses from the leading rip offs 4.99. Go to your local shop that sells horse gear and you will pick up a large 5ltr bottle of molasses for around a fiver.

Regards

Dave

les middy

'Navigator'
Dave
why bother with a bottle for a fiver

when you can get a kilo of molasses meal for 70p at feed stores

its great mixed with crumb/crushed hemp

les

I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

martin.

Account Locked
its the same as with a lot of flavourings & bulk feed
you can normally get a good selection of flavours from any supermarket & bulk g/baits & pellets ect from animal feed merchants

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

norm

but don't ask martin to get molasses for ya

the last time i ordered some it turned out to be cod-liver oil lol lol lol

Datafile4.asp

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
quote:Originally posted by norm

but don't ask martin to get molasses for ya

the last time i ordered some it turned out to be cod-liver oil lol lol lol

Datafile4.asp

yes last sept when ipicked all the bags of crumb up & left phil to get the molases he picked up 4 containers of molases & 1 of cod liver oil
& yes it was handed to norm [:D]

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

Chopper

I know it's a bit different but....

Do any of you guys use that teflon spray on your pole joints to stop wear of your much beloved carbon? Basically a dry PTFE spray that coats your joints.

This stuff can be in excess of 6 for a 200ml can labelled up as Sensas or Maver from your local friendly fishing shop, I get it from work in a proper 400ml can for just 3, a quarter of the price for exactly the same stuff.

What else...mmmmm.....oh yeah, elastic lubricant, that vespe slippery eel or the preston equivelant, about 5-6 in your local friendly fishing shop, but if you take a trip to halfords or any car shop you can buy armourall or son of a gun which comes in exactly the same dispensor, virtually the same stuff and nearly half the price.

I am lucky enough to get a lot of gear at cost price, for example I pay 70p for a colmic jolly float, a very popular pattern and your local friendly fishing shop knocks them out at 1.75!!

A lot of stuff can be bought cheaper elsewhere, cat meat,teflon lubricant, pellets, hemp, cad pots (3 for a preston set or 50p for a kinder egg!)etc, etc. It's just packaged differently and sold at a higher price to us mugs!

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Team 2003 NFA North East Region Champions.
Team 2003 Embassy Division 1 National 12th......bad draw!!
Team 2003 Sensas Challenge Finalists.
Individual 2002/03 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Team 2001 Embassy Division 1 National Champions.

www.colmic.com

Last edited:

Chopper

cod liver oil......what's that all about?

Do I mix it in my groundbait or dip my maggots in it, might try it on the river Don at the weekend!!!

www.colmic.com

joe1987

'Darwener'
You have to pay for your floats?!?! I thought sponsors would sort that out.
I want to buy all this cheap stuff but where do I get it and can be assured its of a decent quality and wont harm fish?

*)*Joey*(*

Dave Ford

Joe the molasses you can buy from the horse shops is fed to horses to help build them up or as a tonic so you can be assured it will be safe for fish. Good advice Lee. What I do with the cod liver oil is mix it with my groundbait as it leaves an oily slick that draws fish and you can get this from the horse shops as well cheap. Coshida cat meat the best cat meat by far go to Lidl 32p a tin not 75p a tin the tackle shops are charging. Anyone got a good groundbait mix for powerful rivers? this fishing game is dear so lets help each other and keep sending in our advice on where to get cheap baits, additives or tackle.

Regards

Dave Ford

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
I cannot understand why people bother to buy catmeat from tackleshops, and are willing to more than double the price. I dont bother with all these 5 quid a bottle additives and colurings either (with the exception of scopex, brilliant atrractant, but can only get it in tackleshops) them little supercook bottles do styrawberry, almond, the lot, for 99p.
Vitalin is that dogfood stuff, huge bags dirt cheap, and that partiblend stuff. Why bother?

J.Tolley

joe1987

'Darwener'
Percher I seem to remember you having van den eyde mollasses and at the ribble some flavoured meat from where else but the lovely tackle shop!

*)*Joey*(*

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
only got that as i couldnt get any anywhere else, that was also the cheapest they had.

J.Tolley

timber

built for comfort
do you add mollasses to g/bait neat? or what?

big dave

robinhood

' CLeeO '
try using black treacle this is mollasses , melt som down in a mug
i mix all my ground bait with this.

Datafile4.asp

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Welcome back Lee Saville. It's been so long since your last post I thought you'd swapped your computer for a new pole or something. LOL

Timber, dilute the mollasses with warm(aired) water, an egg cupful goes a long way when diluted.

Dave Ford, the cod liver oil bit was a (mistaken delivery), read Norm's post and Martin's answer.

While we are on the subject of "cheap" feeds etc. Try Lamb feed pellets, but get the ones that are "rich" in mollasses, it will say so on the label. Fill a container i.e. maggot box, with pellets and add water just to cover, wait about 15 minutes and you have a very rich (protein) mollasses flavoured crumb. Great for "bulking out" your groundbait !! A 56lb sack costs about 4 (could last a season).

Lee Saville also sells good groundbait at 1/2 price LoL LoL.
I see you've added to your (signature) Lee, MY...you have been busy !!

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

Chopper

Hello David,

Not sold the comp for a new pole, I've got 3 milo 11-11's so I should get at least a couple more seasons out of them. Don't tend to go on the comp at home as much, I'd rather use the one at work, might as well be getting paid while being on here!

No groundbait for sale at the mo, that Mossella stuff is long gone.

www.colmic.com

Neil Wayte

Here's another good one for you.
The fashionable CSL pellets sold in tackle shops at 9.99 per Kilo
try you animal feed supplier for Countrywide sheep feed.20 kilo bag for 4.95 for 8mm pellets or slighty more expensive the 6mm pellets for 5.50.
Have a sniff and tell me they,re not CSL pellets but in a bloody great big sack.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Any of the lads at Elvington will see what i buy.

Black mollasas sheep/goat pellets & csl pellets all from a feed merchant total for 50kilo's less than a tenner.

Mollasas try asking your freindly farmer, thick gooy stuff (high protien) or the thin watery stuff (high sugar) every farmer i know has gallons of the stuff, they use the thin stuff for keeping the dust down in the barns etc, i'm sure you should be able to get a liter or two for next to nowt if you ask nicley [:)]

I remember reading in one of the comics a few months back that anglers were getting worried over a rumor that csl pellets were going to run short, bullsh1t just go to the feed merchants if they are running low how come the feed merchants have sacks & sacks of them stacked high??

Oh & Neil

Yes mate they are csl's but they have a much stronger smell to them as they haven't been bagged, unbagged & then bagged again by greedy shop owners.

Alan
Datafile3.asp

rob27

peg nine
Whats the actual make of the CSL pellets - I only know a horse feed supplier near me - would they have them?

http://www.geocities.com/stillwatercoarseangler

Status
Not open for further replies.