If you lost your current rods which would you miss most?

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Sat here waiting for the football on TV to start and I thought of the current, not past, rods I own which would I miss most if some lowlife nicked them all?

Always tricky to answer obviously as every fishing situation needs the right rod.; but For me it would have to be my Preston Carbonactive 10. Mini Feeder rod (Well I've actually got two). I have had them years now and although they struggle with some of the bigger commercial carp. I still love there action and feel.

Which would be your most missed rod from your current stash>

R0B

They're all replaceable, for a cost. Even the matched pair of Drennan Ledgermasters and the Mk1 Tench Float :oops:

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
They're all replaceable, for a cost. Even the matched pair of Drennan Ledgermasters and the Mk1 Tench Float :oops:
That is true. I had a Mk1 Tench rod, which I bought late 80's I just, wanted to love it but never got on with its action.

Last edited:

R0B

That is true. I had a Mk1 Tench rod, which I bought late 80's I guess, wanted to love it but never got on with its action.
yeah I actually prefer the latest specimen float rod action wise, I suppose it's just a nostalgia possession or maybe I could sort myself a second set up of everything to keep somewhere else or in case my other stuff gets nicked

davepellet

would probably be the hand made Ernest Stamford leger rod (vintage), every other rod I own is easily replaceable... it's be annoying, but not the end of the world

going a step further then, if all your kit was lost & you got the insurance payout... would you buy the same gear that you have now? (or the current equivalent for stuff no longer available...)

I can't think of one item I currently own that I would rather have something else for that job

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
There's nothing I'd particularly miss from the sentimental or difficult to replace point of view so it would simply be any of my acolytes or my saltist simply because they'd be the most expensive to replace.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sat here waiting for the football on TV to start and I thought of the current, not past, rods I own which would I miss most if some lowlife nicked them all?

Always tricky to answer obviously as every fishing situation needs the right rod.; but For me it would have to be my Preston Carbonactive 10. Mini Feeder rod (Well I've actually got two). I have had them years now and although they struggle with some of the bigger commercial carp. I still love there action and feel.

🤣🤣. Got four of those. Best method feeder rod ever. Brilliant little rods 👍.

I’d miss those but, I’d be gutted if anything happened to my Daiwa Amorphous 11 / 13 heavy & Still water rods.

gixer 13

Site Supporter

My purple team daiwa connoisseur float rods I have won so much money on them on the rivers would be lost without them when fishing with them they are just like an extension to my arm. I would miss them that much if I knew who had them I wouI'd have them strung up In my garage and extract the
Location with pliers and a low torch😊😊

Davethefish

Site Supporter
My original Powermesh Avon, my god I would self harm if I lost/broke that old friend.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
For me it would be my Shimano Speedmaster feeder rod with a 70g c/w . It has been a superb rod for commercials!

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Any of my Greys rods.

The Prowla Platinum pike rods are unobtanium now, and I think the 2lb Prodigy TXL barbels are getting pretty rare.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have no rods that I could not possibly replace with equivalent new or eventually find on the secondhand market (with possibly the exception of a couple of Maver Nanolith float rods) However if I were to lose the ABU 506M that my now late older brother bought me for my 16th Birthday I would be absolutely gutted.....I know I could buy another 506M but it would not be the one my brother bought me

adriang

Site Supporter
I would be part of the microlite club. I've a couple of 13's and a 12.

Other rod I would add is my Shimano XMS Waggler rod, I bought it new as my first even 'decent rod' (it was middle of the range from memory), and I still prefer it over anything else I've used.