If you dont ask...

davej1981

So after a bit of searching around on google maps for a new waters near me i discovered a lovely looking lake. On zooming in it’s located at a country retreat on a farm just one lodge on the lake nothing else . So I thought why not ask the owners if fishing is permitted which it is but only to anyone staying at the lodge. However, the owner has said i can fish if the lodge isnt booked! I knwo theres carp in there, but he has no idea about fishing. I just have to message him to see when its free and he will discuss it further result! Very excited! A91B5A29-F36F-45D2-A172-42E659601BB7.jpeg

SeanB

Site Supporter
Nice result, looks a nice place, where abouts is it?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Nice one - there is something special about fishing a lake that doesn't get fished much at all or hasn't been fished for years.

Whilst planning a week's stay at a cottage in Derbyshire I noticed a small quarter of an acre lake in the middle of the woods, adjacent to the cottage. I rang the owners to book and asked about fishing the lake. I was given permission to fish and now I can just make a phone call and fish it, anytime I want no problem at all. (y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Looking at the colour of it I’d be surprised if there wasn’t quite a few carp in it! Pretty good set up with the lodge by the looks of it ??

davej1981

It looks lovely in the pics, only a handful of fishing pics all carp anglers but the only fish pic is a 13lb carp. Absolutely 0 other info on it. The owner doesnt even know how much a day ticket would normally cost. Hoping it will be free when the kids go back it September