If you could only fish ONE place

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Where would it be?

For me it's a toss up between the little weir near my house and Arley on the river Severn, with the Severn just edging it, but at either of those that means no fishing during closed season or for half of winter when it's likely flooded.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Is it one place or one peg? I would choose my local river, but I couldn't settle on just one peg. There aren't enough fish in there to stay in just one spot.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Is it one place or one peg? I would choose my local river, but I couldn't settle on just one peg. There aren't enough fish in there to stay in just one spot.
Either really! There's only 2 pegs on the weir for me, but Arley I wouldn't limit myself, not even to one side of the river.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well if we are being specific I’d go with medley on the Thames as you can fish any method for any species there more so than any other stretch. If less specific I’d go the Thames as a whole!

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
Looks wonderful, pity I live in North Yorkshire. Plus it seems good value for money. The day ticket for fly fishing at Bolton abbey is now £60 !!
I often fish Bolton Abbey, but I don't understand why they have increased the day ticket price so much. Are they stocking it more generously?

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
Just watched Clive's latest match on there, looks packed with fish.
It is mate, the big bream weights will start soon taking over from the whip caught roach nets, 45lb of roach came out last week, biggest net l've seen is 64lb. Biggest net of bream l've seen is 115lb.

Backwoodsman

Site Supporter
I often fish Bolton Abbey, but I don't understand why they have increased the day ticket price so much. Are they stocking it more generously?
Stocking as normal, not certain as to this massive price increare. The season ticket has doubled to £700 , some years I buy the season ticket other years I just use the day ticket scheme. Had a pleasant exchange with the estate office informing them that due to the extreme price increase I wouldn’t be fishing at Bolton again. They said they were sorry but weren’t prepared to change the costs. I said good luck trying to sell a day ticket for £60 in summer when the day trippers and kids are swimming in the river.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well if we are being specific I’d go with medley on the Thames as you can fish any method for any species there more so than any other stretch. If less specific I’d go the Thames as a whole!
As people have done pictures I’ll add some of a few swims at medley
1621433088932.jpeg
1621433143299.jpeg
1621433193747.jpeg