If you could fish any venue?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I'm the opposite re UK. I'd prefer to fish here. The UK is full of both known and also hush hush waters that I hope this thread will mention but maybe they won't. Fishing abroad would feel like cheating to me. :p
That’s only cos you havent done it yet. You’d be totally addicted I reckon. My dream would be to spend the river season here and spend the closed season travelling. Would spend the first half trying new places like cuba, Belize, Bahamas etc and the second half the fishing capital of the world that is Florida. River season I’m more than happy to be here tbf although our winter in OZ wouldnt be bad haha

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Fishing a venue, not exactly. But i'd love to be part of a pair with Terry Hearn on one of his campaigns ( which ESP usually turn into a video) - just watching, helping out and learning.
Similarly I'd love to have a pairing with Dai Gribble or Paul Garner on some of the places they fish.

TiggerXFM

Sea fishing in places like the everglades would prolly be high on my hit list.

I've alaways fancied fishing the rivers of canada for the huge grayling also.
Then there's south america, tiger fish etc.
Africa, fishing for nile perch is another want....there are so many!

A few lucky so and so's such as John Wilson, Matt Heyes, Jeremy Wade and who was that crappy actor lol, get to go and fish all those exotic places.....jammy barstewards!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Dorset has some great places to fish.
Yep it’s the only place I’d leave oxfordshire for both from a general life and fishing point of view. Still got mates there from uni and it’s got beautiful countryside and coastline and nice towns and is not too remote then got the stour, avon, frome, two big harbours, the open sea, various lakes really only thing it’s really missing fishing wise is canals. And in normal life possibly not the best job market.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sea fishing in places like the everglades would prolly be high on my hit list.

I've alaways fancied fishing the rivers of canada for the huge grayling also.
Then there's south america, tiger fish etc.
Africa, fishing for nile perch is another want....there are so many!

A few lucky so and so's such as John Wilson, Matt Heyes, Jeremy Wade and who was that crappy actor lol, get to go and fish all those exotic places.....jammy barstewards!
Silverfisher is right that it's only because I haven't tried it. What are those Barbel you get in Spain? Comizo/Gyspsy Barbel or something! Seen Dean Macey have a go for them.

solwood

Site Supporter
If you could fish any venue where would it be?

I would like to fish

a) Marsh Farm, Godalming. Probably the preeminent Crucian fishery I know of.
b) Sutton Lake, Shropshire. A Carp syndicate that also holds big Crucians.

Feels like I haven't shut up about Crucians since catching a few big ones this year, they're addictive. Only other place I can think of right now that I'd like to have a dabble on is Walthamstow Reservoirs for the big Bream. Maybe a lottery win or something and I'd buy a property close by.

Suggestions for me welcome, otherwise what are your choices?
If you ever make it to Marsh Farm do talk to the several members here, we can get you guest tickets and fish together!

Just to whet your appetite

solwood

Site Supporter
Tarpon somewhere

Or somewhere with good grayling numbers

Or avon boat that Bob and Paul fished

Shadrack

Coarse venue - it would have to be Wingham. Not so much for the massive carp, it’s also got large tench and perch and it just looks like a stunning place. I’ve always regretted not going on one of the fish ins that Anglers Net used to have on there every year.

The other thing I’ve always wanted to do is go big game fishing either in South America or South Africa. That’s been on the wish list since watching that Robson Green show where the lucky sod got to go around the world fishing for all the biggest species in the best locations.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
If you ever make it to Marsh Farm do talk to the several members here, we can get you guest tickets and fish together!

Just to whet your appetite

It's about 3 hour drive from me so I've asked my dad to look for caravan sites in the area, probably next year now... a very kind offer!

John Step

Site Supporter
Not so much a venue as a place. It wont happen because I get seasick just looking at a boat but in a perfect world The Baltic where those giant pike live in brackish water and chase the herring shoals.

Arch

Site Supporter
This swim, on this river and those fish.

Bob's big roach catch.jpg

The Hitman

Site Supporter
When i look back over the years i have been fishing, had some great sessions on the Rivers across the Midlands, also commercials and now naturals in Devon.

But if i had to choose one venue, River Severn, Trimpley section. The best Barbel session i have ever had. Don't reckon i will repeat that again in my lifetime.

DontKillZander

Site Supporter
Steelhead and Salmon float drifting with eggsacks on any of those majestic Pacific Northwest Rivers and tributary creeks.

Greeny1178

coarse fishing wise id like to fish an old estate lakes for tench and perch , also a nice quiet river with a chance of a big river perch , and sea fishing been lucky enough to fish most of British isles but I’d love to go to the channel isles fishing 🎣