If you could fish any venue?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
If you could fish any venue where would it be?

I would like to fish

a) Marsh Farm, Godalming. Probably the preeminent Crucian fishery I know of.
b) Sutton Lake, Shropshire. A Carp syndicate that also holds big Crucians.

Feels like I haven't shut up about Crucians since catching a few big ones this year, they're addictive. Only other place I can think of right now that I'd like to have a dabble on is Walthamstow Reservoirs for the big Bream. Maybe a lottery win or something and I'd buy a property close by.

Suggestions for me welcome, otherwise what are your choices?

Total

Site Supporter

I would like to fish

Feels like I haven't shut up about Crucians since catching a few big ones this year, they're addictive. Only other place I can think of right now that I'd like to have a dabble on is Walthamstow Reservoirs for the big Bream. Maybe a lottery win or something and I'd buy a property close by.

Would you continue to fish the same swims though Steve in your above chosen fisheries?:unsure:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Already fished my 2 dream waters
Redmire and Ashmead
Caught 2 from Redmire and lost one of the big girls at Ashmead...
Fishing the Trent next Sat...🎣

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Dry Tortugas, the marquesses, jardines de Rey, jardines de la reina, ascension bay just to name a few 😅

Coarse venue wise I’d really like to fish Throop, Burton Joyce, timsbury off the top of my head probably loads of river sections tbh. Doesn’t bother me Stillwater wise a lake is a lake to an extent. Is a few like tamar that I wouldn’t mind a go on though.

Total

Site Supporter
Got to maximise my chances somehow. :LOL: I call it doing my homework.
My twins would call it 'Familiarity' mate....;)(y)......Unless you vary it it's impossible to know the full potential of any water...

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My twins would call it 'Familiarity' mate....;)(y)......Unless you vary it it's impossible to know the full potential of any water...
At the park there's 4 pegs on the lilies, one overgrown that someone tried to cut out. I've fished them all and down on the spit. Burt always fishes the spit and doesn't catch much. But I would say even at Marsh Farm and Sutton, I've never seen Crucians of quite the quality and cuteness that come out the park. Makes me think they won't be around forever. I don't know where the record Crucians have come from though so don't claim expertise.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
As long as you have fun mate that’s all that matters. Fishing time is limited for most of us so whilst often it’s nice to explore (we’d never find good spots in the first place if we didn’t explore after all) there’s nothing wrong with making the most of a good spot when you find it when you only get to spend a relatively small proportion of your life doing the things you want to do like fishing.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yep, decent weather in Spring and then Summer goes so quick that I only have another month or so of boring people with park antics where the main thing is only having limited 'decent' pegs in the first place.

AdamRussell93

I’d love a crack at the wye, not really looked into doing so but it’s somewhere I plan on going in the next year or so. I’d also like to try the linear complex in Oxfordshire for carp.

Total

Site Supporter
At the park there's 4 pegs on the lilies, one overgrown that someone tried to cut out. I've fished them all and down on the spit. Burt always fishes the spit and doesn't catch much. But I would say even at Marsh Farm and Sutton, I've never seen Crucians of quite the quality and cuteness that come out the park. Makes me think they won't be around forever. I don't know where the record Crucians have come from though so don't claim expertise.
I guess it takes all sorts Steve but whilst my main objective is enjoyment when I'm fishing I like to explore a venue. It gives me a better understanding of what's going on.

Nothing at all wrong with familiarity, but if you don't vary the swims, you'll never know...

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
If I fished Linear, from what I've heard I'd be after the Tench. Have thought of another one too, but can't remember the name, that big Roach water down Norfolk way.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
All comes down to what you want from your fishing.
Fish the same pegs for the same fish and hope you catch a bigger one.

Challenge yourself to fish new stretches of waters, or new pegs, or new/variety of methods.
Second one for me until I am looking for angling comfort and then the first one will be the norm.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I guess it takes all sorts Steve but whilst my main objective is enjoyment when I'm fishing I like to explore a venue. It gives me a better understanding of what's going on.

Nothing at all wrong with familiarity, but if you don't vary the swims, you'll never know...
There's basically one other peg that's even worth fishing, the fallen tree peg on the spit, but I chat to everyone at the park and have only heard of Tench and Carp out of there. I've only fished it twice myself when it was colder and blanked. It was the first peg I chose on the lake.

snappyfish

I would like to fish

Marsh is a cracking venue. Had a 2lb 13 Crucian there Friday, To fish it though requires a day ticket from my friend as I live in Bournemouth so it's 1hr 40 mins drive each way. Well worth it.

Last Crucian I caught over 2lb was Somerley lakes in Ringwood, 2lb 12 over about 20 years ago.

BaldiMug

Fishing a venue, not exactly. But i'd love to be part of a pair with Terry Hearn on one of his campaigns ( which ESP usually turn into a video) - just watching, helping out and learning.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Marsh is a cracking venue. Had a 2lb 13 Crucian there Friday, To fish it though requires a day ticket from my friend as I live in Bournemouth so it's 1hr 40 mins drive each way. Well worth it.

Last Crucian I caught over 2lb was Somerley lakes in Ringwood, 2lb 12 over about 20 years ago.
It sounds like a dream to fish and that is a cracking Crucian!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm the opposite re UK. I'd prefer to fish here. The UK is full of both known and also hush hush waters that I hope this thread will mention but maybe they won't. Fishing abroad would feel like cheating to me. :p