If an intruder came into your home how would you react?

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
I am under the impression that in Britain firearms have to kept in a locked cupboard. I can't see many robbers waiting patiently while Annie Oakly finds the key gets her gun
And I am under the impression it is illegal to break into someones house but it happens. So you keep your impression of all the guns in the UK locked up in a cabinet and then think about what some keep under there pillows for peace of mind. My mate has a shortened baseball bat under his but I much prefer this as a deterrent.

Beretta.jpg

Beretta2.jpg

BTMS

Site Supporter
Unfortunately it happened to me a few years back, caught him just going out the door when I awoke. Chased the personage bollock naked down the road he dropped the video recorder. I think I might have scared him a scots man in full battle charge with all to show. He got his come upance a couple of weeks later:cool:

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I have seen it all now. If you keep that under your pillow, then I assume it is a replica.
We have people on here talking about dropping people, shooting them or even "slotting" them FFS.'I have had the privilege of living and working for several years with some proper warriors, not internet walter mitties and wannabees.
The guys I am referring to were ex Royal Marine commandos,Raiding Squadron and SBS. I am happy to say I still count some of them as close friends, at the time they were divers or rescue boat instructors.
In all of the time I spent with them, I never heard one of them use such language. They didn't need to.

JR Hartley

When I was selling agricultural equipment. I sold a hedge cutter to a guy who had enough of his stuff being stolen, so he emptied a shot gun cartridge of shot and filled it with rock salt.After emptying a cartridge Onto the last person that tried to steal his stuff he’s never had trouble since!

commieboy257

fundamentally it comes down to fight or flight. unless you live somewhere expensive you're most likely in a 3 bed semi, so you haven;t got much option for flight.
once the adrenaline kicks in you would have to try and get over the jelly legs, but I like to think the most timid of us would pick something heavy or sharp up and at least have a swing when the penny drops that their loved ones are in the firing line.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can I ask a simple question ? How many people on here have actually fired a live round at a person in any circumstances ?

commieboy257

not me, and I'd imagine the aftermath psychologically might be terrible but what other choice might there be?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It’s been said on here about me a lot of times. I don’t think, put together with I’m not scared of owt could be a good cocktail ??
There’s guys on here that were brought up Wise Owl. We were dragged up. My licensed 12g and 410 are kept in my cabinet. I’m saying no more. ?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
O.K let me add , intending to kill, I am not talking about Accidents while playing cowboys !

This wasn't and accident he said i was a Sh*t shot and would put his Butt up against the Hole in the Gate and let me have a free shot, needless to say i hit Bulls eye and he was Dancing around like the indian in Village People :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
This wasn't and accident he said i was a Sh*t shot and would put his Butt up against the Hole in the Gate and let me have a free shot, needless to say i hit Bulls eye and he was Dancing around like the indian in Village People :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Don’t make me laugh. It still hurts when I laugh. God that hurt. ????

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
In my job I get given the keys to houses. Quite often the landlord will turn up and are hardly ever told by the agent that I'm coming and so I usually have to go through the "don't panic, I'm here to do an inventory for the agent" routine. But one agent I was doing a load of mid term inspections for in Leamington Spa gave me a list of properties and about 20 sets of keys a day to go round inspecting for them.

The only notice the tenant had been given was an email so if they hadn't seen that they'd have no idea I was going into their house to do an 'inspection'. Most of the houses were empty during the day, odd tenant in who wasn't expecting me, but it meant I went round on tiptoes and as quick as possible in case anyone came home and thought I was an intruder. Luckily didn't happen.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was stationed in Cavan and Monaghan for a few months in 86. I never listened in to your radio signals ! I swear !

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Can I ask a simple question ? How many people on here have actually fired a live round at a person in any circumstances ?

I have, on 2 seperate occasions. Not a 'live' round, but high powered .22 air rifle pellets. Once when I was doing a pest control job on a small-holding, he was trying to break into a store shed for animal feed. And another when I saw someone trying to break into a neighbours car. They both yelped a little, well, a lot really but I got no knocks on the door.

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
If I could I would break their hands with a mallet. Not just break the bones but pulverise their hands beyond medical intervention.

I have know people suffer life changing injuries in the past, both work and private life related.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Remember when I was a young transport clerk in the offices at Unilever. One of the lorry drivers was telling us he got woken by a noise & as he walked onto his landing, a fella was climbing through the window. He was greeted with a haymaker to the chin & knocked out cold. When the police arrived, they said to Ken (lorry driver) "How did he end up like that?" Ken told them he'd chinned him. Proper old school copper said "I'll ask you again"....Ken said "He must have fell". Copper said "That'll do me" :)