If an intruder came into your home how would you react?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Only been burgled once, at my old address, they came in without being noticed and took my brothers playstation. I say they because I presume they work in groups. Police said a rear window had been left open as no forced entry. No bravado, just made sure the place is locked up and alarmed in future.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I don't flip about.... when I Iived at home, my bedroom was at the back of the house and below in the garden was my suzuki 650... one night I heard a noise, looked out of the window and saw someone with the cover off my bike... I loaded my 22 air pistol and shot the git... I protect mine and what I worked for... woebetide anyone who messes with either.... not bravado... fact... I have no time for "Scallies".... Folks work hard for their gear, no one should put up with theiving scrotes

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Living in the country like I do my advice to anyone who wants to steal from us would be to remember that a lot of us use shotguns. Property is one thing but, if I thought you were going to harm my missus I’d kill you. End of. I’m not bothered what would happen to me after that but, you ain’t getting to the missus.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I don't flip about.... when I Iived at home, my bedroom was at the back of the house and below in the garden was my suzuki 650... one night I heard a noise, looked out of the window and saw someone with the cover off my bike... I loaded my 22 air pistol and shot the git... I protect mine and what I worked for... woebetide anyone who messes with either.... not bravado... fact... I have no time for "Scallies".... Folks work hard for their gear, no one should put up with theiving scrotes
In the face?

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
I laugh when I read all these macho man posts about what people would do. I would do this and I would do that ! The chances are if someone did break into your house while you were there, they would not be alone, and if they were they would be tooled up and ready. You on the other hand would most likely be sitting watching tv or in bed. In 9 out of 10 cases they would be gone by the time you reacted, or worse again they would be the ones doing the assaulting ! I know we would all like to think we would switch on superman mode and deal with them , but the reality is most of us would just end up shouting and calling the cops !
Please come round to mine anytime :2guns:

Happy to prove my point.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I also live in the countryside and have both a shotgun ( which I keep in the bedroom) and a .22 rifle ! My point was that in a lot of cases of people coming into your home was that often you don't get time to react in the way you would want to and think you would !

OldTaff

Site Supporter
In our house it would be call the ambulance and police then see about trying to separate the offender from the care of our German Shepherd before starting to clear up the bloodshed..

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I also live in the countryside and have both a shotgun ( which I keep in the bedroom) and a .22 rifle ! My point was that in a lot of cases of people coming into your home was that often you don't get time to react in the way you would want to and think you would !
I am under the impression that in Britain firearms have to kept in a locked cupboard. I can't see many robbers waiting patiently while Annie Oakly finds the key gets her gun

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I’d beat the sh1t out of them and break their arms so they couldn’t steal anything off anybody else for a good while

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
It’s been said on here about me a lot of times. I don’t think, put together with I’m not scared of owt could be a good cocktail ??

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I hope it never happens. But if it does you're on a loser from the start. Do nothing and they nick your stuff. Beat them and you'll be the one doing time. Get a description, or even CCTV footage and Old Bill aren't interested beyond giving you a crime number so you can claim on your insurance.

What a crazy world we live in.

Silver fan 82

I saw this elsewhere and thought it would be a good topic....

If an intruder came into your home how would you react?

Me?

I'd point the missus in the direction of the intruder, put the kettle on, make a brew, and stand by with the mop and bucket for when it's all over - she likes Tea, white, no sugar

:D
"Take anything you want just leave the fishing tackle!"