If an intruder came into your home how would you react?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I saw this elsewhere and thought it would be a good topic....

If an intruder came into your home how would you react?

Me?

I'd point the missus in the direction of the intruder, put the kettle on, make a brew, and stand by with the mop and bucket for when it's all over - she likes Tea, white, no sugar

:D

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Kill em n hide the body, it’d be one less waste of space, walking the streets, that were paying for, thieves should be hung, end of.

62tucker

Site Supporter
In all honesty I would probably panic and before I could think what’s was happening they’re be away.
But hopefully I would be able to be calm. Pick up my rounders bat ( dog toy ?) and crack them on the head in self defence

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Have a rational, reasonable conversation with them on why it was a mistake to break in to someones house. Call an ambulance to pick up the wreckage, clean the baseball bat down and drop it over the fence into the next door neighbours, until the cops have gone.

Lcn

I live in what was once a nice area but over the years has gone right the other way so I have a few bits and pieces to hand around the house just in case I need them . A couple of years ago I was watching tv and the mrs was upstairs when the postman came with a letter for her . I went to take it up to her and as I walked through the kitchen had a double take moment and had to stop and go back and check that I’d just seen someone at the back door and sure enough there’s someone with their hood up and gloves on , he was a bit surprised when a 6.2ft 22stone bloke opened the door and said what the f*** do you want . He panicked and started backing away saying sorry sorry I’ve got the wrong house , I thought my mate lived here as I walked towards him telling him I was going to chop his fingers off . He turned and ran up the yard and sprang over a 7 ft wall like a gazelle and touch wood nobody has tried it since but the house next door has been done a couple of times

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I'm a still fit and healthy seventy year old who's battle ensign is a white cross on a white background. I wouldn't tackle him or her but would have a good look at the miscreant to be able to give an accurate description to the police. Then when they turned to go I'd trip them up and kick the living s**t out of them.
Actually none of us really knows until it (hopefully never) happens.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A lad I used to work with came home one day to find his garage door open at the bottom, his house door into his garage open, and a scrote just on his way out.
The scrote ended up bound and gagged in the back of the garage whilst the lad went for a shower.
The missus came home at the end of the day and asked what was going on, then they had their evening meal, went to bed later and the scrote slept in the garage.

The following morning the lad was begging to be released, he'd defecated himself, but he was told that since he liked the house that much he was more than welcome to stay :)
As the morning wore on the police were called as the smell was emanating from the garage and he was handed over into their care.

The lad who's house it was got a ticking off from the police; I don't know what happened to the scrote.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
"If an intruder came into your home how would you react?"

With extreme predjudice...!!!

commieboy257

Account Locked
peel the large dog off their face and bury the remains. we've already got two dogs and a lizard in the garden, another corpse won't disturb the status quo, and no, Rick Parfitt isn;t buried in my back garden, he's under the patio.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I laugh when I read all these macho man posts about what people would do. I would do this and I would do that ! The chances are if someone did break into your house while you were there, they would not be alone, and if they were they would be tooled up and ready. You on the other hand would most likely be sitting watching tv or in bed. In 9 out of 10 cases they would be gone by the time you reacted, or worse again they would be the ones doing the assaulting ! I know we would all like to think we would switch on superman mode and deal with them , but the reality is most of us would just end up shouting and calling the cops !

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I laugh when I read all these macho man posts about what people would do. I would do this and I would do that ! The chances are if someone did break into your house while you were there, they would not be alone, and if they were they would be tooled up and ready. You on the other hand would most likely be sitting watching tv or in bed. In 9 out of 10 cases they would be gone by the time you reacted, or worse again they would be the ones doing the assaulting ! I know we would all like to think we would switch on superman mode and deal with them , but the reality is most of us would just end up shouting and calling the cops !

come to my house uninvited ?