Ice Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And you think we have it bad - Check this out

Just as an aside, when breaking the ice before fishing - does it put the fish off if they were on [8)] ?

Dave Datafile2.gif

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If Dian can find it [:)] she's got a picture of me on the cut a couple of years ago with a three foot hole in front of me to fish through.

After 2 hours of nothing i was getting ready to pack up when a boat came crashing through the ice, suited me so i cast in again & was catching like mad.

It was all small stuff but it made it a whole lot better after freezing n blanking.

As for the fish getting scared when you break the ice i've always wonderd about that myself??

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

angler-mark

Dave,
Looking at the prize list, I'm thinking of getting over there next year and entering [;)], it makes our match winnings look miserly [:)]

I don't think smashing the ice worries the fish too much, I've done it on our local canal and still caught fish.

Tight Lines

Mark

Last edited:

Chopper

Did you notice the prizes!!!

I can't believe it, winning Pick up trucks, 4x4's, Snow Mobiles and the person in 90'TH PLACE still won a 125cc Motor Bike!!!!!! All for dangling a crab line through a hole in the ice!!!!

Wish we won prizes like that over here [:(]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

[/img]

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Simon R

Site Supporter
I don't reckon smashing the ice does any harm at all, dragging a lump of metal across the bottom must stir it up a bit.

Stillwaters tend to be a bit clear this time of year so injecting a bit of colour into the water can only improve the fishing. I've had a bite 'first chuck' a few times after smashing the ice on local ponds.

Simon

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Wow Prizes like tht i know what matches i think im gonna start fishing [;)] They say the fish is a northern It just looks like a Pike to me [:)] Are they the same or...

Tight lines [:D]

Last edited:

matt

Granjuiceymoose; i'm sure some of the pikers on here will correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that americans call their pike 'northern muskies'.[:D]

HEY DUDE............

fishing_mad

is it me or is the guy in the background holding a small man with no feet

:)Fishing Mad:)

Lid

The prizes were great, but look at the income. Over 3000 anglers with an entry fee of $30 - $35, so that's between $90,000 to $105,000 .... and I bet many of the prizes were donated by local businesses too!!

Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.