Ibiza fishing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpk1979

I have just got back from my Jollie boys outing to Ibiza and I managed to get a days fishing in over there much to the amusement of my mates.

I took my telescopic carp rod and reel with 12lb line, so I thought I could more or less pull anything I caught in...Wrong,

I'd caught a few smallish fish using bread, so i changed my float set up and hooked a big piece of meat onto it.

I had hardly been cast in for more than a minute when the water around the float 'erupted'!

I have caught carp upto the 12 lb mark which have fought like bulls. But this I just could not stop it taking line.

Once hooked the fish (which seemed very thin and long to look at from a distance) literally took off and it did not stop until all 200 yds of my line were out the line then snapped.

Has anyone any remotest ideas on what this could have been?

As I said I was fishing off some rocks into a deep pool (18ft +) and the fish looked very long and very skinny.

cpeacock

cpk1979

By the way Congrats on the new Forum.... I work for a major Telecomms company and our internal forum isn't as upto it as this!
and we sell and build them for people!

cpeacock

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can't help help you with this one. I did a bit of fishing around Es Cana on Ibiza and caught plenty of mullet and a few strange fish but nothing larger than a couple of pounds.

Thanks for the compliments regarding the forum it took quite a few hours to set up and a few headaches and sofar no bugs
(It runs with a modified Snitz and a MySQL data base)

Regards, Dave

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

Tim

Most likely it was a Barracuda, as there are a few around the island and are very very fast swimmers. You would have been very lucky to land it as they can easily strip 500yards of line on the first run!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.