Ians Fishing Tackle

Whixall

Has anyone had any recent experience ordering online from Ian's fishing tackle? Been getting back into angling after a long spell away and so started relatively modest tackle wise but now looking to order a new seatbox and pole.

Availability online is really patchy at the moment but these guys have everything I'm looking for showing as in stock and the prices seem good.

Given it's a large order I was looking for some indication on delivery time and confirmation of availability, and that's been the problem. Emailed them a couple of times, direct and through the contact us without reply and phoned about half a dozen times, different days and times without being able to get an answer since the shops were allowed to open again.

Sure I'm being paranoid and realise people may have been on furlough etc, but it's made me a little reluctant to place a big order. Was wondering if anyone else has had any recent dealings that might help reassure as otherwise it will mean me ordering piece meal from lots of different people. Approached my local tackle shop but they arent in the same bracket cost wise.

Can see some mention to them in older posts on here and Google reviews.

Thanks for the help.

Zerkalo

I'd keep calling them. My dad ordered a Barbel rod from them and it took a few weeks, finally got through by phone and they advised it should already be with us as they're only in Penkridge. Rod arrived a couple of days later after the phone call. This was during lockdown a few weeks ago.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I've not mail ordered from them but been into the shop and the service was outstanding, a bit like Fosters back in the day, good prices aswell.

MartinWY

Site Supporter
Has anyone had any recent experience ordering online from Ian's fishing tackle? Been getting back into angling after a long spell away and so started relatively modest tackle wise but now looking to order a new seatbox and pole.

Availability online is really patchy at the moment but these guys have everything I'm looking for showing as in stock and the prices seem good.

Given it's a large order I was looking for some indication on delivery time and confirmation of availability, and that's been the problem. Emailed them a couple of times, direct and through the contact us without reply and phoned about half a dozen times, different days and times without being able to get an answer since the shops were allowed to open again.

Sure I'm being paranoid and realise people may have been on furlough etc, but it's made me a little reluctant to place a big order. Was wondering if anyone else has had any recent dealings that might help reassure as otherwise it will mean me ordering piece meal from lots of different people. Approached my local tackle shop but they arent in the same bracket cost wise.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I've had very recent dealings with them. A few weeks ago I ordered a brolly. It was delivered about week later. No issues. Off the back of that, I ordered my Korum barrow kit from them too, plus some other items. They had all shown as in stock on the web site, but several days later I got an email to say they were refunding some items due to having no stock. They did refund promptly. Personally I was OK with that as its very hard for small firms to keep on top of listed stock levels if they are short staffed/part time due to COVID19.

The barrow kit and other items arrived after about a week I think, but I then emailed them a question about the barrow kit, which incidentally i posted on here for opinions. I haven't had a reply to that email and it's been about two weeks so I was a little disappointed in that aspect.

Whixall

Appreciate the help. To be honest I do suspect the stock levels indicated online are probably a bit too good to be true, but dont want to end up with a feeder arm and side tray but no seatbox!! Will get the order in and keep my fingers crossed.

MartinWY

Site Supporter
Appreciate the help. To be honest I do suspect the stock levels indicated online are probably a bit too good to be true, but dont want to end up with a feeder arm and side tray but no seatbox!! Will get the order in and keep my fingers crossed.

What side tray are you looking for and you're welcome. :)

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Ians has a very good reputation but things are a little mad at the moment as I expect they are having the same problems as most of the trade in that stock is going out the door quicker than it can be replenished and the constant flow of old and new customers only slows a little when the weather has deteriorated.
As an example we sold 7 chairs in a couple of days last week, might sell 7 in a month normally, not a problem I thinks, we have ordered another 10 last week so they should turn up anytime now only to find out they have since gone out of stock at the suppliers so no chairs from them until September now.
It is going to get worse before it gets any better and I can see a long Summer with very little movement in product, one of my bigger suppliers is quoting October before fresh stocks of some popular items.

kentboy

I have used them this year and found them very good price and service i mut confess i did phone them to make sure they had what i needed in stock and they did and arrived in a few days all i would say is give them a call if you are placing a big order to make sure they have what you want as stock weillbe very patchy at the moment.

Brentfish

Brent
I used Ian's for the first time yesterday after seeing good prices online. Most things were showing as unavailable so I give them a call to order. I had great service and places a large order. I will update you when it arrives.
Thanks
Brent

JRW

Site Supporter
This supplier doesn't take orders for items that are out of stock. When you go to the checkout after filling your basket, any out of stock items are identified at that point and you can't proceed to payment until you have deleted them.

Brentfish

Brent
Well that was fast. Margin pole and everything else I ordered turned up today. All correct what great service as only ordered yesterday.
Top Class
Brent

Bigmonkey79

Thanks for the help.
Had similar issue. Calls went unanswered. They claimed emails go to junk folder. They didn't respond to their website contact form. They did respond on Facebook but items haven't arrived still from November order. Now pursuing refund through PayPal. Shame, their pricing was great. Won't ever use again.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
I’ve had several dealings with them over the past 6months. I only have praise for them some as some of the larger items were actually delivered the following day. Very helpful over the phone aswell (y)

SteveAmo

If I’m ever passing thro’ Penkridge I always call in as it’s a top shop with great stock and very helpful staff.

All tackle shops are struggling to get stock off back orders and won’t get any better short time either.

Whixall

Thought I had posted an update to this thread!

I did place my order and received the vast majority of items on it. The bits that were short are clearly in short supply across the board. I've ordered with them multiple times and while I do have one item outstanding from middle of last year I have said I'm happy to wait for it. So happy with the service Ians has provided and would absolutely order again.

In fairness the issue does appear to be much more sat with the brands and suppliers. I can think of 3 PI items they are still talking about in promotional content on YouTube and I can't get hold of anywhere. Monster X 11' pellet waggler, monster X top kit holder, response XS 4m landing net handle. I work in retail, and I'm well aware of the challenges covid and Brexit have played in importing stock, but if you can't make an item available in reasonable volume for over 6 months, should you still be promoting it??

As for Ians though, best way to get in touch is definitely the phone and a bit of patience.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I ordered a pole section Monday morning, arrived Tuesday lunchtime! Have had similar experience prior to this with them, very good esp Maver stuff.

rudd

Site Supporter
Thought I had posted an update to this thread!

I did place my order and received the vast majority of items on it. The bits that were short are clearly in short supply across the board. I've ordered with them multiple times and while I do have one item outstanding from middle of last year I have said I'm happy to wait for it. So happy with the service Ians has provided and would absolutely order again.

In fairness the issue does appear to be much more sat with the brands and suppliers. I can think of 3 PI items they are still talking about in promotional content on YouTube and I can't get hold of anywhere. Monster X 11' pellet waggler, monster X top kit holder, response XS 4m landing net handle. I work in retail, and I'm well aware of the challenges covid and Brexit have played in importing stock, but if you can't make an item available in reasonable volume for over 6 months, should you still be promoting it??

As for Ians though, best way to get in touch is definitely the phone and a bit of patience.
Supply chains From raw materials to end product in a mess world wide mate - Covid causing havoc and theres money to be made manufacturing PPE and medical supplies.

martin22

Site Supporter
Ordered a new brolley pole about a week ago from them online,was on my online banking yesterday and noticed I’d had a refund from them,no email,phone call or nothing to tell me so I’ve been waiting on a brolley pole that’s not even coming,fair enough I understand shops are struggling to get stock but they could have let me know so I could get one from elsewhere as I’m now without a brolley this weekend