I was There.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's got to be the Clinton Arms iir the name right - classy place in it's day :D

H T B

Site Supporter
Edinburgh Odeon late 1980
Hazel O’Connor.
Her back up group were on and anno unced “ this is our new single“ and started singing Planet Earth.
After a few bopduwops we all agreed they were rubbish and weren’t going anywhere, so went to the bar.
A few weeks later, Sunday evening Tony Blackburn introduces a new entry into the charts Planet Earth by Duran Duran

(Still think they’re rubbish though 🤪)

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
I saw napalm death in a venue the size of a small pub. They were bloody loud.

My most memorable gig was my favourite band Rush at the MEN. They played for over three hours without a break. It always staggered me that they sounded as tight live as they did on their records. Awesome musicians. RIP Neal Peart who died earlier this year.
I was at the MEN Rush gig. Most I’ve ever paid for a ticket. The professor was one hell of a drummer :cry:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This is the Techno club I used to go to. Was better around the 10th birthday but this has a full video.

Also Que Club. Bit before my time this video, was good around 2002 till it closed. Never the same after it reopened.

nejohn

Site Supporter
It was the summer of 1977, the Sex Pistols had just done the famous TV appearance and were getting banned from just about every town in the UK. A group of us had been told we need to see a band called The Acne Rebels at Middlesbrough Rock Garden... Of we went jumped on the X1, when we got there it was packed obviously other people had also been told to go, the band took to the the stage and we were greeted by Johnny Rotten at his snarling best, Paul Cook complete with knotted hanky on head and Sid Vicious still learning to play bass. It was total chaos, those few gigs around the July/August of 77 were the now famous S. P. O. T. 's tour. They went under a different name for every venue to avoid the ban. The atmosphere was electric and I have never been to a gig since that was the mix of chaos and excitement.

Backwoodsman

Sometime in the sixties, saw the Rolling Stones, Leeds town hall. Just rolled up and bought a ticket at the door. Brilliant performance, several months later they hit the big time. The rest as they say Is history.

Spadger123

The Kersaal Southend in 1978-9.
Dr Feelgood, Kersaal Flyers and Graham Parker and the Rumour all on the same night.

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
More along the lines of “I wasn’t there”, i managed to get a ticket to see led zep at knebworth, late 70’s. I was 14 or 15 and queued up all night outside a record shop in town to get tickets with my mates. We’d planned to get there on a national express coach so my mates went to book their tickets. I couldn’t make it to get a bus ticket because i was out fishing! when i went to book a bus seat the next day, they were all gone. As i had no way of getting to the gig on my own, i ended up selling my ticket. My mates went anyway to what turned out to be zep’s last british gig - john bonham died just a month or two later.
bloody fishing!