I was There.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
On the Back of the Ace of spades Thread, post a Concert you attended. This was probably the last time i saw Lemmy :cry::cry:

TrickyD

Site Supporter
One sticks in my mind, Wembley Arena march 2004, Busted and Mcfly:guitar::band:

squimp

Site Supporter
Genesis at Knebworth in 1978. They were awful - Peter Gabriel had just left. They had a drummer singing, his name was Phil Collins.

highlight of the day was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I think it was his first UK appearance; I also saw his last one.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
highlight of the day was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I think it was his first UK appearance; I also saw his last one.
Tom Petty first toured in 1977, supporting Nils Lofgren. I saw them at The Dome in Brighton. Could not make Hyde Park on his last UK appearance due to ill health. I was gutted.

squimp

Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. Hyde Park was fantastic.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter

This was bonkers. A free gig Metallica did in a side room of Ministry of Sound - it was like seeing them playing in something the size of a school hall. The future Mrs Yucca (at the time) and myself are in there somewhere!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter

My best though I have seen many big techno DJs at raves.

breadflake

Site Supporter
Seen Hawkwind at Middlesbrough town hall around 1972 and reading about Lemmy after his death it seems he was
in the line-up but like 90% of others there I remember little

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
Saw motorhead on the bomber tour, early eighties. Best live performance i’ve seen was queen at live aid - freddy mercury had 80,000 people in the palm of his hand. Best “small” gig i ever saw was rory gallagher, again in the early eighties. What a player he was

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Despite being massively into music I’ve not been to many live events as the travelling, scheduling and money has always put me off. Am now in more of a position where I should be able to go to some more when the worlds something like back to normal again though. As it is the only big ones I’ve been to were blink 182 at the NIA in 2012 and Foo Fighters at the Olympic stadium in 2018.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Saw motorhead on the bomber tour, early eighties. Best live performance i’ve seen was queen at live aid - freddy mercury had 80,000 people in the palm of his hand. Best “small” gig i ever saw was rory gallagher, again in the early eighties. What a player he was
Saw Motörhead a couple of times, one of the gigs had an after gig party that lasted 3 days, I could cope with it then , as I was used to all weekend parties and bike runs, that said, no idea how Lemmy lived as long as he did..........

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The only one I can remember being recorded to become part of a live album was Hawkwind at Liverpool Stadium 1970 something very memorable as Stacia dripped purple body paint on me.......did not wash my arm for a month at least :love:

The Runner

Site Supporter
Someone i never thought I'd get to see live, nearly didn't bother after a couple of disappointing gigs from old heroes in the previous years (hello messrs Dylan and Morrison) and there were all sorts of bad rumours about Arthur Lee's mental and physical state. But really glad I went in the end, unforgettable night....

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I saw them on the bomber tour. That bomber lighting rig was awesome.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I saw napalm death in a venue the size of a small pub. They were bloody loud.

My most memorable gig was my favourite band Rush at the MEN. They played for over three hours without a break. It always staggered me that they sounded as tight live as they did on their records. Awesome musicians. RIP Neal Peart who died earlier this year.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Ive seen The Who over 20 times but this and at The Royal Albert Hall was amazing.

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
I saw napalm death in a venue the size of a small pub. They were bloody loud.

My most memorable gig was my favourite band Rush at the MEN. They played for over three hours without a break. It always staggered me that they sounded as tight live as they did on their records. Awesome musicians. RIP Neal Peart who died earlier this year.
Rush are my favourite band too. First saw them in the late seventies in stafford, then a few times over the next 2 decades. I started playing the drums when i was 15, my inspiration and hero being neil peart. I know it sounds trite but it felt almost like losing a family member when he died earlier this year. I still can’t quite believe it. If you want to see what drumming can really look like, just go on you tube and search for neil peart

davepellet

Seen literally hundreds of bands over the years (my mate used to write gig reviews for Sounds so we got free passes for a lot of s**t) but the standout for me would have to be the stone roses at spike island.
Someone years later offered me £100 for my used ticket stub they were such a fan, but I said no...

AnthonyJ

I don’t like heavy rock, a mate dragged me to an Iron Maiden racket at Nottingham in the 80’s. In a boozer before the racket a few hells angel types were playing chicken with flick knives, bloody awful experience.