I wanna new umbrella!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzante

I looked like Mary Poppins today trying to hold on to my Team Daiwa umbrella, i've had it since Noah was a lad,....

can anyone point me to a really good un', not a***d about the price, i just wanna stay on the ground while i'm fishin'. icon_smile_blush.gif

Danny

scouse

'River Man'
hi danny
the preston flatback ES 50" nylon
with removable centre pole
for about 50 i have one very good
hope this helps

dave
scouse

G

icon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_approve.gif spot on scouse.

i'm going to bait up
Andy

danzante

Dave,
is it solid in the wind,
does it have to be pinned,
will it keep me on the ground,
where i can easily be found.

Is it entirely waterproof,
don't wanna hear any spoof,
will it keep my bait dry,
when i'm catchin' all the fry.

Is it lightweight and trim,
do i have to work out in the gym,
so give it to me straight,
and maybe we can have a date,
fishin, that is.icon_smile_wink.gif

Danny

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Will the next person to pass by with a shot gun please put gonadtze out of my misery ?? thank you

Danny boy the pipes the pipes are callingggggggggggggg

You can pick up cheap brollies anywhere now mate (WMAC or Usedtackle for around the 10/12 mark.)

In fact if i can find it there was a company doing a deal on brollies, you could have any logo put on them & they cost around 15 each, i saw one of them & to be honest they looked the same as the cheap sh*te you get from argos.

According to the bloke i spoke to they'd supplied a number of clubs & groups with them including a disabled group, which i thought was taking the p*ss cos i don't fancy being caught out in the rain with one of those brollies.

He did say they do soccer teams but that could be a bit dodgy under the trades description act (not having permission etc).

If i were you mate i'd check out either WMAC or Used tackle of Nottingham.

Alan

danzante

Al,
that Preston flatback looks the one for me.

My missus idea was to bring three sheets of hardboard and build a wall around me, she said, "yer cud jus purron the top a tarpawl'n, cud'nyer Dan?....i think i will take her on a tour of Altcar rifle range.icon_smile_evil.gif

Danny

norm

i just bought a leeda nebrolli today

in the shop for 59 (the shop andy (tomma) works in)

i told them i worked with andy (hoping for a better dicount )

and they put an extra 5 on

only joking they knocked a whole 5.70 off and would not budge any lower

so i got 7 feeders for iraland on monday

norm

FORGET THAT LAST POST

I SHOWED MY WIFE THE BROLLY THIS SMORNING AND STRAIGHT AWAY SHE SPOTTED A HOLE IN IT SO I HAD TO TAKE IT BACK AND GET A REFUND

SO STILL LOOKING FOR A UMBRELLA FOR IRELAND ON MONDAY

danzante

Just enquired about a flatback at my local tackle shop, he reckons they have a fault in them,(splitting).
Any info on that lads?.

Danny

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If i remember correctly the original flat backs with a pole zip in the back did split easily in the wind but only if you had the zip open. (made the material weaker)

Not a lot Danny boy but its all i've heard on them.

Considering the area you live in mate i'd just ask one of the local scrotes to get you a brolley (probably come back with a hofmiester one from the nearest pub LOL) or one with a big man u crest on iticon_smile_wink.gif

Alan

scouse

'River Man'
hi trogg
not at all funny, lol does not excuse it.
scouse

dave
scouse

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
that hit anerve trogg o have that cheap rubbish from argos and its ok for me .....
the bad thing is it has to be pinned down and quite heavy....
but for 15 squid is good for money

Regards Gf

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Tiddler

Can you keep a secret??

I've only just brought a new brolly, the last one i had was one from argos.

Not arguing on the price mate or the wieght of it, i never had to pin mine down i just put a bank stick across the spokes & through the carry sling of my rod bag.

The reason i had to get a new one was the argos one leaks like hell when a heavy rain comes along icon_smile_sad.gif

Alan

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
get a bankstick & feed it through the spokes on the inside of the brolly, right at the back where they are closest to the ground as you feed it through hold your rodbags carrying strap up so the bankstick passes through that as well then when the bankstick goes through the spokes on the other side it will trap the strap on it & hold down the brolly.

As for the leaking well lets say that most of my tackle & me would have been just as wet if i didn't have the brolly icon_smile_sad.gif

Unfortunetly it was to late to take the brolly back as i'd had it some time.

I was thinking of coating it with fabasil or similar waterproofing but realised it would be cheaper to buy a new brolly.

If yours does leak then try to mark where & rub some ky jelly or vasaline on the area.

Alan

norm

i can think of better places to rub ky jelly than on a umbrellaicon_smile_blush.gif

see ya later
norm

icon_smile_big.gif

danzante

Just been released from the local police station, they said as long as i give the old woman her purse back and silver walking stick,

they will not press charges over the assault i dished out to the chap who i nearly dragged out of his pram, i only wanted his lolipop.icon_smile_blackeye.gif

I think the best thing for me to do is visit a load of tackle shops and try them all out...mind you, the last time, i tried out a rod in one of our shops, two of my kids were arrested for robbing a twelve year old's dinner money (35p)....some kids just don't learn the art of robbin' do de dough?.icon_smile.gif

Btw, good idea that Al.

Danny

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Liverpool

The only city in Britian where they ask your head size when you try to buy a pair of tights icon_smile_big.gif

Alan

danzante

Well i'm gonna buy a brolly termorra and i'm still undecided after hearing of the Preston's fault....maybe a 50" Wavelock then?.

Danny

danzante

Btw Al,
yer spelling is getting better....only one wrong there icon_smile_big.gif

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.