I spy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
My in laws are visiting this week so I took them for a trip round the Brecon Beacons and over towards the atlantic coast.

On the way I spied a new fishery, new to me. It is called Springwater lakes, on the road from Llandovery to Lampeter and is an absolute dream. Anglers can use the toilet and shower block put up for the caravanners.

The whole site is in an immaculate condition and I intend fishing it from saturday morning to sunday night the week after Elvington. 6 a day, barbless hooks, no keep nets except in matches and no blood worm or joker. There are hook up points for caravans and camping is permitted. Night fishing by prior arrangement is 12 for 24 hours.

The owner is from the Nottingham/Chesterfield area and a really nice guy. He told me the course lake holds bream to 7tb, tench to 6lb hybrids to 3lb and some big roach, rudd and perch. I didn't ask about the carp because the thought of a 6lb tench will get me fishing it.

He intends changing a trout lake to a specimen lake shortly.

It is only an hour and quarter drive from Swansea.

I will let you know how it fishes. If anybody is interested just ask for details.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
6lb tinca tincas !! hell yeah i'm interested

Looking forward to the report Geoff sounds like an anglers shangri la.
Hope you have fun there cos its a treck from here to fish a place if its not any good.

Any chance of some pics as well please mate??

Alan

Zinky

Grumpy
Trogg the Stafford Beast.
You had your chance at Anglers Shangri-la and blew IT BIG STYLE.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't mean to be pickie, get personal or have a go at anybody.

I am a nice easy going person as those who have met me know. I enjoy a good laugh and a joke, in the right place.

I might take the mickie out of the Welsh but they do have a lovely country, and I thought I would take the chance of telling you of a neat and tidy complex I have found, in lovely suroundings. If anybody wants to know more details about it for future reference I will supply.

Thanks for your sensible reply Trogg, I will ignore the infantile scribble which followed it.

In fact what I am trying to say is, if you want to get personal keep it to Private Messages and don't place them on a serious thread. Well not one of mine anyway.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Geoff

Please don't be to hard on old DB he can't help being welsh.

Alan

Seamus

Hello Geoff,
Well I might just visit this Springwater Lakes I take it that they at least are bear friendly

Chairman ITC
Its just the bear necessities

Status
Not open for further replies.