I should of known it would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse77

I went shopping around the town this afternoon with the wife and kids.

Last month it was a nice quite market town, its now turned into somewhere thats not really family friendly due to gangs of smokers outside every pub swearing, spitting and covering the floor with fag ends.

midge99

Simple petition the powers that be to allow smoking in pubs again

Medwaygreen

This is the situation that a lot a people were stating would happen within Towns and Cities when the smoking ban happened looks like they will be proved right.
The only way to have stopped it was to have no smoking in any public place covered or open, or to have allowed smoking to carry on in places that people went to to smoke like the Pubs and Clubs.
Soon these idiots that run our lives will be banning reading in Libraries.

Zebedee

I live fairly close to my local,and the noise levels from people stood outside is noticeably louder...especially in warmer weather when windows are open.

I feel sorry for families living close with small kiddies.Trying to get them to sleep with people laughing,shouting,argue'ing etc until closing time cant be much fun.

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by Medwaygreen
Soon these idiots that run our lives will be banning reading in Libraries.

Well if the dvd/video section gets much bigger they pretty much have.[:(]

kleinboet

When this law was first mooted, it was said that only pubs that served food would be non-smoking. The government has reneged on that! The reason is obvious - those pubs that would have remained as "smokers" would double their business, while the non-smoking pubs would LOSE business.
The goverment will continue to listen to the minority as long as they shout louder than the majority.
If the government wanted to be "transparent" as GB states, then the only way to ensure that such a step is what the public want, is a referundum!

By the way, I am a non-smoker.

Last edited:

SaturnXRS

Originally posted by mouse77

Last month it was a nice quite market town, its now turned into somewhere thats not really family friendly due to gangs of smokers outside every pub swearing, spitting and covering the floor with fag ends.

If its the same as the town i come from..its a vast improvement!!! my hometown as turned into a proper sh!thole in the last 15-20 years..

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
Smoking should be banned alltogether, its proven to be bad for you and causes lung cancer. Once a smoker or a non-smoker who has breathed in smoke and gets lung cancer, the NHS would have to try and fix them. This can cost a lot of money and if smoking is banned alltogether, there would be more healthier people and less cases of lung cancer which should benefit the NHS.

Also, I blame Sir Walter Raleigh for all this... all this cos of a potato and a tobacco.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Originally posted by pelly

its proven to be bad for you and causes lung cancer. Once a smoker or a non-smoker who has breathed in smoke and gets lung cancer,

Actually there is no proof that smoking causes Cancer - it may well be a contributing factor but there is no scienfic proof to support your statement.

Benji

Account Locked
Pelly, nearly 100 people died on our counties roads, did you want to ban driving and transportation as well?

Im guessing you want to ban potatoes as well, is this because they are mainly used in high fat/cholesterol snacks which causes heart disease?

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin

.........This can cost a lot of money and if smoking is banned alltogether, there would be more healthier people and less cases of lung cancer which should benefit the NHS.

The revenue generated by tobacco sales (approx 10 billion) far outweighs the cost of treating smoking related diseases on the NHS (approx 1.5 billion) annually. In fact the revenue provided by tobacco sales is sufficient to pay for three quarters of countries education and employment needs.

Higher taxes everyone?

It's only the selfish non-smokers who bleat about the effects of smoking [:0], but I bet that non of you would be willing to pay the extra tax increase if all tobacco sales were banned.[:D]
Remember also that tobacco is taxed at a much higher rate than income so the income tax rate would have to rise accordingly if tobacco was banned. [;)]

Last edited:

Don

Smoking should be banned alltogether, its proven to be bad for you and causes lung cancer. Once a smoker or a non-smoker who has breathed in smoke and gets lung cancer, the NHS would have to try and fix them. This can cost a lot of money and if smoking is banned alltogether, there would be more healthier people and less cases of lung cancer which should benefit the NHS.

Also, I blame Sir Walter Raleigh for all this... all this cos of a potato and a tobacco.

Yeah lets ban chips as well as a form of protest[:D][}:)]

Incidently there is no scientific "FACT" that actually supports the theory that smoking cause lung cancers its just a popular "theory"

I am also a non smoker, and to be honest walking by a pub in Hucknall on a really narrow bit of pavement I was amazed to see a rather large wall mounted cigarette disposal system for boozers to use when they have to go outside for a quick fag. I'd much rather such fagend disposal systems were placed in the pubs backyard or is it ok to gas me with the fumes cus I dont sup inside your pub?[:(!] If boozers are considered so delicate that they must not inhale ciggy smoke why is it ok to move the problem onto a well used and very narrow piece of pavement for non boozers to inhale the biproducts of a few park drives[?]

It would appear,(surprise surprise),that this 'big bruva' ban as not been well thought out wouldnt it[?] Theyve had since 1984 to sort it out,thats the book not the year by the way[;)]

Zebedee

Originally posted by its_lazarus

I think pelly was being light hearted Don.

Well I hope he was being Lighthearted outside
because its illegal to light up inside now

its_lazarus

a reliable friend
LOL, it was pretty obvious in London on Friday that the smokers were spilling out onto the street, can we get to the bar better now? YES Hoorah! That doesn't mean I agree with the ban, it just means I'm an impatient b****r *s in case I get banned[:I]

nigel clark

[wish id done the family thing. Went to willow marsh and literally blanked. what a disgrace]Originally posted by mouse77

[/quote]

mouse77

Originally posted by its_lazarus

The question is:
Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri?

Shouldn't you be checking tax returns Harry?

Get some work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.