I love my IT dept

Chervil

Site Supporter
My IT department upgraded my PC. Whenever I log on it now tells me it cannot access my desktop, with a long line of code. I then have to restart it and it works okay until the next time.

I reported this to the IT chappy this morning, setting it all out, having written down what was on the screen etc.

I got back at lunch time, logged on, no desktop, restarted the PC and opened my emails, eagerly awaiting his reply........

Which was. "Yeah, mine does that as well."

The other day I asked them to make another port live, so we could connect up another PC, you'd have thought I'd asked him to go out and kill his firstborn.

I have never once asked them to fix something, where I didn't get referred somewhere else. Are they all like it?

rodring

Account Locked
My IT department upgraded my PC. Whenever I log on it now tells me it cannot access my desktop, with a long line of code. I then have to restart it and it works okay until the next time.

I reported this to the IT chappy this morning, setting it all out, having written down what was on the screen etc.

I got back at lunch time, logged on, no desktop, restarted the PC and opened my emails, eagerly awaiting his reply........

Which was. "Yeah, mine does that as well."

The other day I asked them to make another port live, so we could connect up another PC, you'd have thought I'd asked him to go out and kill his firstborn.

I have never once asked them to fix something, where I didn't get referred somewhere else. Are they all like it?
I suggest you ask Dave ?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I suggest reading the tales of the BOFH, this will also ring true for anyone who has to deal with IT depts.
The b*****d Operator From Hell Complete
Our IT guy is really helpful, but he just googles the answers to issues, I can do that, the only thing I don't have is admin access to do anything on the laptop.

T.I

I got an email last thing today from one of the IT departments project managers, asking whether or not a call logged six months ago requesting them to re-purpose 500GB of space on our departments SAN was still relevant.

We have asked countless times over the last six months whether or not they can allocate us more space. And apparently there is anywhere between 400GB and 14TB of free space but they're not sure how the SAN works.

To add insult to injury this has come about because we asked them to move their old Service Desk off of one of our servers they had borrowed and give us back another 500GB+ of SAN space they are currently using.

:bash: