I lost a bet at Passies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmouse

The deal was with my gf who ever catches the most weight in fish wins the other has to buy dinner. Thought I was in for a good days fishing and a free dinner but no it was the worst days fishing for me in a while. We set up on the match lake as per usual and within ten minutes my gf lands a 10lb common fished to the margins with meat.

I managed 1 koi of about 4lb which I caught twice (does that count?) within a minute of putting it back. And a small mirror of about 2lb. For some reason I lost four fish of unkown size.

I found it slower than a couple of weeks ago and could only put it down to the frost and low temps over night. The water did seem mighty cold.

Next time I am determined to beat my gf who has a habit of catching the bigger fish.

natty

Do you know how big the carp go in the match lake? Are there many doubles?

phil-k

Originally posted by bobmouse

I managed 1 koi of about 4lb which I caught twice (does that count?)

Doesn't count that koi as if it had been a proper match it would be in the net so you couldn't catch it twice.[:D]

I am amazed a fish would get caught twice though - must be a right greedy sod.[:D][:D]

bobmouse

Yeah Natty there are doubles in there I have caught carp to just under 12lb. I have seen some bigger last summer. Dont know what the biggest carp is out of the match lake but they are there to caught for sure. gf caught a 10lb at the weekend on the match lake. It was a bit slow on the match lake on Saturday but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.