I`ll blow your trumpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakey

PAA COACH
A few anglers don`t likelike to blow there own trumpets (do they KEITH) but when you have one of those red letter days why not share it with friends.
Keith (like myself until a few weeks ago) had only cvaught barbel from stocked lakes and always said he wanted a proper river barbel.
A night session on my local stretch of the Ouse on Friday night saw one of his dreams come true. Keith had caught several good size bream on the feeder [:)] and had lost a good tench at the net [:(!].Then at around midnight he saw action on his second rod. A carp rod with a bolt rig set up that he had cast in and left.The spool on his baitrunner stared screeming and he struck into a good fish,it took a good few minutes to get control of the fish and as he brought it to the net the smile on his face said it all [:D]. A barbel that Keith estimated at 5 to 6lb. When I mentioned that it was bigger than the one I caught at 6lb 9oz his smile widened even further. A phone call to the bailiff (who had only just got home from chatting to us an hour earlier and is also a keen barbel angler)had him trotting down to weigh and photograph the fish. The fish weighed in at 8lb 4oz. A fine specimen and a fish that I am sure Keith will never forget.
Well done Keith beer-toast1.gif

Datafile4.jpg

Datafile2.gif

SNAKEY`S NOT PLAYING GOLF YET

martin.

Account Locked
Well done kieth i remember my first river barbel at trent fishin last year that went over 8 as well its a wonderfull feeling

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Thanks lads,

First i must say a big thank you to Kev for the rig i was using it is certainly a lot different to the one i would normally use for my type of fishing.All i need to do now is get it attached to the pole.
He is correct in saying that this is my first proper barbel the rest were from commercials over the years but this one gave a proper account of itself.
I remember Kev saying that if anyone catches tonight it will be that spawny git pointing at me.I have in the past had a couple of 100lb bags from this water but have all been tench and bream so with that in mind i set my stall to catch both.one rod with a normal feeder set up and the other for the barbel.I caught on both methods on the day.
8lb 4oz is a monster fish for me but i will be back soon trying for a double as this is Kev's best.Now i could not possibly beat that could I?????????

Keith

england_gm_e0.gif

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

steve wilson

well done keith
totally different catching barbel from their natural habitat than from a lake
myself ive only ever caught 2 proper barbel, 1 at 4 and a half pounds and 1 at 5 and a half pounds from the river at christchurch. less of that anyway lets hope you get your double soon

blinkblack_e0.gif

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Steve,

As i cannot fish the next round of the jinxed 25 i thought i should fish the river for a while and look what happens.Good company and a cracking fish.I also had 5 proper bream over 5lb each and lost a big tench at the net.

Keith

england_gm_e0.gif

ANJIEJON

great fish keith well done

smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast

steve wilson

i havent fished a river at all this season, and the only time that ive ever fished the ouse was when i was a junior many moons ago and that was at a place called Great paxton
is that anywhere near where you fished

blinkblack_e0.gif

kev coke

I did not see no signs of RED keith did he not go with you then.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

MALC

Way to go Keith nice fish. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Cheers for letting us know about it Kev, as you say Keith would have kept stum about it otherwise.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Steve,

Gt Paxton is further round towards Bedford. I was fishing closer to home.

Keith

england_gm_e0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.