I have never…

MrBen

Site Supporter
Never fished in the sea, but want to have a go from either a boat or the beach, eaten plenty of things I’ve shot but nothing I’ve ever caught.

never fished in a thunderstorm

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've posted this before, but this was my only time fly fishing (yes I was allowed a go). :LOL:

2021-09-09 17.22.42.jpg

CarpCatcher86

I have never tried fly fishing.
Although I have once used a fly rod with dog biscuit to catch carp off the top.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Never caught a f1
nexer used a method feeder
Never fished for salmon or sea trout
Have caughr trout on fly but never took to it

62tucker

Site Supporter
Never used a badminton net in stream to catch a sea trout. Take a photo and return unharmed 😉

Ps many moons ago so kids to get a photo

alsur

Site Supporter
I have a set of 4 whips, even have the floats for them
So far never caught a fish using one
Suppose actually taking them for there first visit to the bank might help..on my to do list
If you are still a member of Farnham try Wyke pond with some maggots should be able to catch a few Rudd not big but plenty of them, take some soft pellets to try and sort out the better ones.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
Never used a center pin, never caught a salmon/ sea trout, never done fly fishing, never caught a zander, never cast over 65 meters to my knowledge. Never caught a 20lb + carp to my knowledge. Never caught a pike or perch on a lure/spinner. There may be more.

rudd

Site Supporter
Seeing a few posts about centrepins this morning, made me realise that I’ve never used a centrepin. And despite fishing rivers for years I’ve also never caught a trout! And I’ve never caught a single fish on expander.

Which aspects of angling have you never done that might surprise us?
Caught a fish.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Reading through the list of people's "nevers" I realise that I have done an awful lot in my fishing life.

Sea fished from shore and boat (including after barracuda in Florida)
Fly fished, though not on a river
Used a centrepin
Caught all manner of species including zander, pike, grass carp, bitterling (Decoy lakes), pumpkinseed fish, catfish (small), sturgeon (sterlet?), trout, flounder from a trout stream (my first fish) but not caught salmon or sea trout though I did once have a sea trout chase a worm I was retrieving.
I have fished in England, Scotland and Ireland as well as Belgium (won a match there) and France
Fished most coarse methods except lure for pike & perch and "carp" fishing behind multiple rods
Beaten a world champion (Joe Roberts)

So I guess there isn't much left for me to try.