I Have Had Enough! (Lengthy Rant)

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Not sure if it's TRUE, but have heard of a friend of a friend who I know was a martial art black belt and kick boxer. Did get charged with murder but supposedly got off as he only hit him once. Supposedly the palm of your hand driven under someones nose is better than punching someone on the chin

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
On a similar theme, a friend of mine some years back was walking late at night in Harrogate on the way home when two scrotes walked past him hurriedly.
A short while later one of the scrotes stepped out in front of him and demanded money. The other scrote appeared behind him.

Now said friend is over 6ft tall but slim, nice enough lad, pleasant to talk to, is also a Black belt 2nd Dan in one martial art and a Black Belt 3rd Dan instructor in another :D
Moments later scrote no1 was unconscious on the floor, scrote no2 was legging it down the road, and said friend nealt over scrote no1, rifled his pockets and releived him of a fiver, just so he (scrote) knew what it felt like to be mugged :D

Should said friend have announced to the scrotes that night what was about to have happend? Just to stay on the right side of the law that is.

(If you are trained to a level in martial arts you are legally not supposed to use your training on the street - or at least that is what the law used to be)
Reminds me of an incident when I was an apprentice, one of the guys who was working where I did my apprenticeship was a thin, no, skinny guy, but wiry. If you didn’t know (because someone told you, as he never mentioned it himself) he was a 2nd Dan at Tae Kwando and a black belt in Ju Jitsu. One evening, me, him and his brother were in the pub, his Rover 3.5 was outside, two guys were trying to get into it, he went out approached them, one went for him, seconds later they were both spark out on the floor. You really would not believe the guy was capable of it to look at him,

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Not sure if it's TRUE, but have heard of a friend of a friend who I know was a martial art black belt and kick boxer. Did get charged with murder but supposedly got off as he only hit him once. Supposedly the palm of your hand driven under someones nose is better than punching someone on the chin
It can seriously damage the philitrum( spelling?) and can kill.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
There is a bunch of nerves under your nose under the septum of the nose. A side of the hand chop or middle finger knuckle landing just under the nose only firmly will do the job without causing death.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I taught my daughter a few tricks like that when she was 16 the two hardest parts of the body are the palm of the hand and the elbow. Boxing gloves came in to being so boxers could punch harder without breaking their knuckles.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Never intentionally aim to hit someone under the nose unless you know what you are doing. Driving the nose bone upwards can be fatal.

I taught one of my daughters a move once, she was about 10 at the time.
The next thing I knew was my missus was on her knees, roaring with a blooded nose in the living room. Daughter dear had gone in and excitedly said "mum, mum, do this..." basically make a grab for her. She'd learnt the move well and the rest was history :D

Silver fan 82

I find if yer Being Bullied even the Biggest of Tossa's go down if ya hit em Right with the right thing.
A swift kick in the ballax usually does it. I'm not violent at all but if someone is attacking me I'm grabbing whatever comes to hand and using it as a weapon, punching, kicking, christ even windmilling if need be lol! Hit first, hit hard.

CarpCatcher86

I taught my daughter a few tricks like that when she was 16 the two hardest parts of the body are the palm of the hand and the elbow. Boxing gloves came in to being so boxers could punch harder without breaking their knuckles.
In the bare knuckle days, fighters didn't hit eachother in the face through fear of breaking a hand, so instead used to beat the sh!t out of the body of their opponent. More deaths occured in boxing after gloves were invented because it enabled fighters to hit eachother repeatedly in the face without the risk of hurting themselves.

jay67

Site Supporter
They don't want to return to another country where they have to work for a living and pay for everything they want/need. They want to stay here in this so called racist country where they live like kings, are immune to all laws and have everything they want handed to them on a plate.
nail on head mate

Louis D

Site Supporter
For a lot of pressure points, you need to hit them just right. Miss the spot and you've just hit them, although hopefully hard. My ju jitsu teacher also used to tell the girls to avoid trying to kick the gentleman's bits if attacked as it is expected. Much better to flick a heel to the side and across the knee cap as a means of distracting them. A dislocated knee cap does tend to focus the mind, heals in about 6 weeks so not fatal but can be very painful.

My teacher was a pensioner but quite well known locally as she was a youth worker. About 20 years ago, she got mugged by a couple of lads from out of town - the response was pretty controlled but, oh dear, a world of pretty controlled hurt and pain for them. Someone in a shop called the coppers and they were pleased to be handed two compliant suspects and witnesses. She used to teach the police basic self defence and restraining techniques, I guess it provided ongoing validation of her credentials.

Louis D

Site Supporter
PG`s top tip time.

Don`t spill Louis`s beer...
Please don't spill my beer, I don't get wound up but it causes a mess and someone has to clear it up. Also, I don't go to the pub much so what are you doing in my living room?

rudd

Site Supporter
Are we still venting?

Losing the end of sellotape or clingfilm 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

Sportsman

Site Supporter
The test for effectivness for any prison system has to be the re-offending rate. The argument seems to be that if a prison is tough enough, criminals won't want to return and will be deterred from criminal behaviour.
The USA locks up the highest proportion of its population than any other country in the world. The prison regime is one of the most violent and brutal in the "civilised world"
The USA also has the 3rd highest re-offending and re-imprisonment rate in the world.
Norway has one of the most liberal prison regimes in the world and also has one of the lowest re offending rates.
Any explanations?