I Have Had Enough! (Lengthy Rant)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I thought if you were trained to fight, you had to warn whoever you were about to fight three times. If you have warned someone three times and said idiot still doesn't listen then feel free to kick seven shades of s**t out of said idiot. Load of man boy plums if you ask me. A scroat wouldn't warn you he was about to attack you, just for the sake of it or to steal something from you, so why should you have to warn them that a foot or fist is about to replace their nose?
Years back it was a prerequisite that you had to carry a card with you detailing membership of your association. If you were caught using your training on the street it was a criminal act and you could be dealt with the same as carrying an offensive weapon. Perhaps @Chervil could clarify.
I've still got my card somewhere, I'll dig it out if I can remember where I put it :p

62tucker

Site Supporter
6 years ago a young lad I worked with was leaving a bar with his lass on black eyed Friday.
2 scrotes pulled a knife on him and her and demanded money.
Later found out they mistook him for a drug dealer and expected him to have a stash of cash in him. He didn’t. So they stabbed him and he bleed to death in front of his lass. And he lad a little baby girl. RIP. Davy.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Years ago a friend of mine recounted a tale one night in the pub regarding almost getting stabbed during a street robbery and how he used his old judo skills to not only disarm the attacker but also possibly breaking the assailants arm in the process - he didn't hang about to conduct a medical assessment. :p
He was asked if he'd given a warning regarding his knowledge of martial arts but said that when a knife's involved and about to give you a new bodily orifice where you previously didn't have one, giving out a warning is not really the thing uppermost in your mind.
I tend to agree with those sentiments

Simon

Chervil

Site Supporter
Years back it was a prerequisite that you had to carry a card with you detailing membership of your association. If you were caught using your training on the street it was a criminal act and you could be dealt with the same as carrying an offensive weapon. Perhaps @Chervil could clarify.
I've still got my card somewhere, I'll dig it out if I can remember where I put it :p
I must admit, I've heard it as a rumour several times, but never as a point of law. My take on it would be that if someone had extra training and they were using it to defend themselves, then good luck to them. Obviously as long as they didn't go over the top.

Total

Site Supporter
I must admit, I've heard it as a rumour several times, but never as a point of law. My take on it would be that if someone had extra training and they were using it to defend themselves, then good luck to them. Obviously as long as they didn't go over the top.
I've never heard a copper say to a thug etc etc......" I've had special training......"......Might have told 'em afterwards....;):ROFLMAO:

Chervil

Site Supporter
I've never heard a copper say to a thug etc etc......" I've had special training......"......Might have told 'em afterwards....;):ROFLMAO:
No matter how much Officer Safety Training (OST) you did, you invariably ended up rolling around on the floor with the suspect, with them in a head lock. The one that always springs to mind was some bloke, just out of prison high as a kite, outside Hammersmith Palais. I did eventually restrain them and realised the female officer I was with, had just stood and watched, although she had picked up my beat duty helmet for me!

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
My penny's worth.
Crime should be punished, all personal rights lost once convicted.
Cause death and found guilty - death penalty as soon as possible, they won't do it again will they.
3 and your out or in their case in !
They get two chances, the third is the end.
Any non British or duel passport holders on their 3rd hit do their time then rejected from Britain and any British passport cancelled. They also have to remove all dependants.

It was their choice to do the crime.

Human rights should only go to those who deserve them and respect others rights, crime disrespects all rights.
Human rights should be for victims only, not criminals. If you are sent to prison , you have no rights. If you are out on license or have not paid your fine, community service. Then no dole money, or any other benefits, until the debt has been paid. If they get 15 years prison, they serve 15 years and make it hard Labour, so they won’t want to go back.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
An old friend of mine was in the "Merseyview" near Frodsham which was a well known late drinking establishment and was being goaded into a fight by a couple of scallys he vaguely knew but being very accomplished in various martial arts he was doing his very best to avoid it kicking off.
They just would not stop and when somebody else commented that they had given another lad a good kicking recently my friend left the building.
The two scallys followed him out into the car park and one grabbed him from behind so he just dropped him with a couple of blows, the other one pulled a knife and had his throat ripped out by my friend using a technique known as a kill move.
The Police and Ambulance turned up one scally dead and the other badly damaged Friend got done for murder even though dozens of witnesses told the exact same story as above that it was self defence the judge gave him 20 years.
He is out now and has a wife and teenage child but never talks about this or his illustrious martial arts history and rarely sees any of his old mates from back then a few minutes violence changed him forever.
The final straw why he left was the innocent lad that got the good kicking was my friends sisters fiance

CarpCatcher86

An old friend of mine was in the "Merseyview" near Frodsham which was a well known late drinking establishment and was being goaded into a fight by a couple of scallys he vaguely knew but being very accomplished in various martial arts he was doing his very best to avoid it kicking off.
They just would not stop and when somebody else commented that they had given another lad a good kicking recently my friend left the building.
The two scallys followed him out into the car park and one grabbed him from behind so he just dropped him with a couple of blows, the other one pulled a knife and had his throat ripped out by my friend using a technique known as a kill move.
The Police and Ambulance turned up one scally dead and the other badly damaged Friend got done for murder even though dozens of witnesses told the exact same story as above that it was self defence the judge gave him 20 years.
He is out now and has a wife and teenage child but never talks about this or his illustrious martial arts history and rarely sees any of his old mates from back then a few minutes violence changed him forever.
The final straw why he left was the innocent lad that got the good kicking was my friends sisters fiance
It wouldn't have been much more jail time if he had killed them both. Two scroats off the street instead of one.

Louis D

Site Supporter
Regarding training, no one ever told me that you had to announce anything if threatened or attacked, a quick search suggests it is an urban myth. I know I was supposed to carry my licence with my weapons, nothing about any other times. The only such thing I got told was the old adage that you try to avoid being attacked but, if that's not an option, you look to finish things ASAP. That being said, I gave up ju jitsu two years ago so nothing valid to carry now anyway.

Taking time to announce that you know how to defend yourself means you're probably going to get attacked anyway because now you sound like a cocky tool as well. Also probably going to get hurt while waiting to block a punch before attacking because of a misplaced belief in ability. In any case, we can all still get hurt or damaged and it would be embarrassing to have mentioned some magic powers and then come off worse.

Where you do need to be careful is in an undue response. Just because you can doesn't mean you should however satisfying it might be, same as anyone else in such a situation.

CarpCatcher86

Regarding training, no one ever told me that you had to announce anything if threatened or attacked, a quick search suggests it is an urban myth. I know I was supposed to carry my licence with my weapons, nothing about any other times. The only such thing I got told was the old adage that you try to avoid being attacked but, if that's not an option, you look to finish things ASAP. That being said, I gave up ju jitsu two years ago so nothing valid to carry now anyway.

Taking time to announce that you know how to defend yourself means you're probably going to get attacked anyway because now you sound like a cocky tool as well. Also probably going to get hurt while waiting to block a punch before attacking because of a misplaced belief in ability. In any case, we can all still get hurt or damaged and it would be embarrassing to have mentioned some magic powers and then come off worse.

Where you do need to be careful is in an undue response. Just because you can doesn't mean you should however satisfying it might be, same as anyone else in such a situation.
Would you think it nosey of me to ask what sort of weapons you carried and why?

frankg

Site Supporter
Swift justice for the scallys..... terrible justice for your friend!! 😡

Louis D

Site Supporter
Would you think it nosey of me to ask what sort of weapons you carried and why?
Various but mainly sword(s), nunchuka, tonfa, sai but sometimes kama, naginata, jo and bo. To be honest I didn't like the weapons side of things - a lot of it was too heavily kata based and I don't like remembering long sequences of moves.