I Have Had Enough! (Lengthy Rant)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have had it with keeping thoughts to myself, of having to tiptoe around the issues and be careful what I say. Political Correctness seems to be another way of saying “Lets not talk about the real issues”, “Let's not have an honest, open and frank discussion as adults where we can say what we are feeling without rancour, anger or judgement”. So I am going to speak my mind. If that makes me a bad person, if that leads to me being castigated and categorised than so be it. But before anyone judges me let me say I don't think I am alone with the thoughts I express.

Shamima Begum. To me this case represents all that is wrong with British society, or at least the PC brigade part of it. Also what is wrong with those who seek to change or denigrate my country.

I find it ironic that people like her don't like this country to the extent of actually leaving and engaging with a stated enemy of it. But when things go pear shaped she suddenly wants to live here and avail herself of British Justice. Why do people who hate Britain suddenly find that they want to use our our justice system (+ healthcare, education etc.) and not that of the countries they love?

On that theme why do immigrants into this, a traditionally Christian country, want to change it to suit their beliefs. If you want to live in a country that is based on another religion then go and live there. Don't try and change ours. You are guests, welcome to become part of British society and culture with its history and values. You are welcome to follow your own religion, we are a tolerant nation. But accept that we are what we are, what our history has made us. We have created a land of peace and prosperity following our values, not yours. If this land is attractive to you then understand why it is so and be grateful.

Black Lives Matter. Of course they do, all lives matter. Racism is wrong. Slavery was wrong. But we cannot change history.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

There is one certain way to reduce if not eradicate racism and that is for the black community, and others, to fully integrate into society. Forget the Uncle Tom mentality. Integrating does not mean being subservient or joining the enemy but does mean that all races should be represented in enough numbers to remove any chance of institutional racism. Join the police, join the armed forces, the fire brigade and any other organisation where ethnic minorities are under represented.

Of course this means education has to be valued. We know as fact that, generally, Asian kids do better at school than white kids and that black kids do worst of all. I cannot believe that this is an inherently racially based result. I cannot believe that Asian kids are more intelligent than white and both more than black. No more so than rich kids being more intelligent than kids born into a less wealthy background. Yet when the equality laws were first introduced educational requirements had to be removed from job adverts because such a hurdle was seen as biased against black kids. In this way we have officially acknowledged that black kids are less intelligent. If the BLM and equality movements are serious then they should be asking for educational qualifications to be reinstated. Then they need to tell their communities that they need to step up and show that they are as intelligent as any other race. That education is to be valued, not despised, that a lack of education is not a badge of honour. Role models need to extol the virtues and benefits of gaining a good education.

Slavery was wrong. But as I say we cannot remove it from our world history. Let us not forget that to some degree slavery was enabled by black Africans selling other black Africans to slave traders. It is easy to point the finger at the white slave trader. But somewhat uncomfortable to acknowledge the part played by black Africans.

So what do we do to put things right? One outrageous proposal might be to reverse the slave trade and give free passage back to Africa to any descendant of a slave who wants it. Let them voluntarily go where, without the slave trade, they may have been born. Does racism exist where everyone is of the same skin colour?

I rather suspect there will be few takers of such an offer. An acid test? Slavery was wrong. But it has enabled millions of descendants to be born and raised in a free, prosperous nation, be it US or UK, where by the sweat of your own brow you can achieve your potential. Where you have a judicial system that is the envy of many billions of people around the world and healthcare second to none. The enforced sacrifices made by the original slaves has meant that their descendants enjoy a lifestyle that may be unattainable in their “home” nation.

Knife and gun crime. Yet another stabbing report, this one from the Thorpe Park amusement park has my blood boiling. It is about time we stopped being nice and introduced sentences that are a real deterrent to carrying offensive weapons. How attractive would it be if carrying a knife capable of inflicting severe injury or death brought you a minimum sentence of ten years (served, not shortened for good behaviour). If using the knife got you locked up for twenty five years.

Similar if not more severe for firearms.

And drug dealers (possession with intent to supply). Death penalty as in Singapore? 25 years minimum?

If you do not want to be treated aggressively when arrested by the police then accept that arrest without becoming violent. Violent resistance means the police have to use extreme measures to subdue you. I have no sympathy for anyone injured while resisting arrest. Neither should the courts, politicians or the rest of society.

And as for Human Rights, these, apart from the very basics, have been surrendered by an individual as soon as they cross the line into criminality. If you chose to harm society (humanity) by your actions then you have no right to expect that your individual rights overbear the rights of humanity to a peaceful and safe life.

CarpCatcher86

Shamima Begum. To me this case represents all that is wrong with British society, or at least the PC brigade part of it. Also what is wrong with those who seek to change or denigrate my country.
I find it ironic that people like her don't like this country to the extent of actually leaving and engaging with a stated enemy of it. But when things go pear shaped she suddenly wants to live here and avail herself of British Justice. Why do people who hate Britain suddenly find that they want to use our our justice system (+ healthcare, education etc.) and not that of the countries they love?

I said a long time ago what a joke that was. She left this country of her own free will to marry an isis fighter, support isis or whatever the hell she wanted to do. Now the s**t has hit the fan and she wants to return which shouldn't even be an option. She has made her bed with an isis fighter and now she must lie in it.
It is also because we are a soft touch in this country. The UK is by far the best country in the world, it must be because every bugger wants to live here. A bit of sweet talking to a man in an office when you arrive at one of this countries airports and you get everything you want.

CarpCatcher86

Black Lives Matter. Of course they do, all lives matter. Racism is wrong. Slavery was wrong. But we cannot change history.

Black lives do not matter to black people, unless there is a white person involved and then they are up in arms and protesting.
Nobody also seems to mention that there are over 500,000 more cases of black on white crime than white on black. Do us white people tear down statues of black people and run around screaming racism?

CarpCatcher86

Slavery was wrong. But as I say we cannot remove it from our world history. Let us not forget that to some degree slavery was enabled by black Africans selling other black Africans to slave traders. It is easy to point the finger at the white slave trader. But somewhat uncomfortable to acknowledge the part played by black Africans.

Yet another thing that many either don't know or refuse to acknowledge. Everyone would like to think that it was white people selling black people as slaves, which of course they did, but the whole thing started with black people selling black slaves.

CarpCatcher86

So what do we do to put things right? One outrageous proposal might be to reverse the slave trade and give free passage back to Africa to any descendant of a slave who wants it. Let them voluntarily go where, without the slave trade, they may have been born. Does racism exist where everyone is of the same skin colour?

They don't want to return to another country where they have to work for a living and pay for everything they want/need. They want to stay here in this so called racist country where they live like kings, are immune to all laws and have everything they want handed to them on a plate.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Spot on sir totally agree, sadly I think you will find these are the thoughts of the older generation, that have more common senses than these younger ones that think they know it all.

CarpCatcher86

Knife and gun crime. Yet another stabbing report, this one from the Thorpe Park amusement park has my blood boiling. It is about time we stopped being nice and introduced sentences that are a real deterrent to carrying offensive weapons. How attractive would it be if carrying a knife capable of inflicting severe injury or death brought you a minimum sentence of ten years (served, not shortened for good behaviour). If using the knife got you locked up for twenty five years.
Similar if not more severe for firearms.
And drug dealers (possession with intent to supply). Death penalty as in Singapore? 25 years minimum?

Sounds like a great idea, sadly it may never happen.

CarpCatcher86

If you do not want to be treated aggressively when arrested by the police then accept that arrest without becoming violent. Violent resistance means the police have to use extreme measures to subdue you. I have no sympathy for anyone injured while resisting arrest. Neither should the courts, politicians or the rest of society.

Another good point. If you don't want to be kicked to the floor by the men and women who uphold the law, don't break it. It really is that simple, and if these idiots don't have the intelligence to figure that out then they get all they deserve.

CarpCatcher86

And as for Human Rights, these, apart from the very basics, have been surrendered by an individual as soon as they cross the line into criminality. If you chose to harm society (humanity) by your actions then you have no right to expect that your individual rights overbear the rights of humanity to a peaceful and safe life.

I have said this for many years, if you violate or deny someone of their human rights then you lose yours, no ifs or buts. The moors murderers spring to mind. I once said in the pub that the pair of them should have been beaten and tortured until they revealed where all the children they killed were buried, along with any other information which might have been more than was known about. This thick s**t visiting yank stepped forward asking if I really thought that mentally ill people should be beaten and tortured. I said not in general no, but yes when they have done what those two have done. If you can prove at all that they were mentally ill in some way, they might have just been sick in the head and used mental illness to secure a lesser sentance.

Pedro2504

Hear, hear, Neil,
Your opinion is very succinctly put and echoes mine totally and I’m pretty sure the opinion of the vast majority of ‘drowners too!

MartinWY

Site Supporter
I get what you're saying entirely and agree with much of the sentiment. The difficulty is that human rights wouldn't be human rights if they didnt apply to everyone equally. Its not possible to "give up" human rights and theres no chance of them ever changing that. However, what I'd like to see in cases like Begum, is greater use made of existing treason laws and the application of meaningful sentences where life literally does mean life.

Knives are a difficult one. I'm sure many of you carried a sheath knife as kids completely safely and never hurt anyone with it, so it's not knives that are the problem. Getting your sheath knife in the Scouts was a right of passage, remember?

Perhaps very stiff sentences for people who carry knives and are either under 25, have gang affiliations or criminal convictions would be more appropriate, rather than tarring everyone with the same brush? They tried that with guns and its failed completely, as you'd expect, since people have to actually follow laws for them to be effective and criminals obviously dont.

My biggest gripe against the UK is the loss of free speech, which I consider to be fundamental a human right. You either have free speech or you dont. It's a binary issue. The current situation we have, with people being unable to give their opinions, even if others may find them abhorrent, is totally and utterly wrong and has led to a loss of cohesion in society and a daily battle over cultural and moral values.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yet another thing that many either don't know or refuse to acknowledge. Everyone would like to think that it was white people selling black people as slaves, which of course they did, but the whole thing started with black people selling black slaves.

I'd love to see the Irish up in arms about the slaves the blacks took in raids and sold off in Africa!

Spot on sir totally agree, sadly I think you will find these are the thoughts of the older generation, that have more common senses than these younger ones that think they know it all.

No no no no...all you have to do is watch the news, read certain websites/social media groups to realise that it is the older generation who are the problems because they are living in the past and haven't moved with the times!...honest ;)

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
There's a very simple solution for UK passport holding terrorists, or those that choose to support/fight for entities against British Forces/State. It is to use/reinstate the crime and punishment of treason. There would be no need for half the claptrap involved in the Shamima Begum case (and others similar) if her undoubtedly treasonous acts were prosecuted. However, if it were down to me, rather than life imprisonment, I'd be reinstating the death penalty, if only for treason. I suspect that there would be plenty of servicemen, past and present, that would be willing to serve on the firing squad.