I have a cursed pole - does anyone else have kit they’ve never used ??

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I have a 14m pole - it’s a lovely pole - I bought it from @mickthechippy - I was delighted to get a modern light pole - I couldn’t wait to use the pole.

However it appears to be cursed ! ! !

Four days before I was due to collect it lockdown kicked in - cue a delay of several months.

Then all the commercials were closed due to Covid.

At last commies were open and a session planned - the night before Jacob had a moment and it was cancelled.

Last bank holiday Monday I was all set to go but again no - mother in law dramas.

Today I was set for a session at Orchard Lakes, bait was bought yesterday, car loaded overnight, alarm went off at 5:30 and I was out the door with a spring in my step - 20 minutes later I was first responder to a 3 vehicle RTA. Over 3 hours later I was wending my way back home on plastic covered seats to change out of my claret covered clothing (thankfully not my own). It’s a darned good job I carry a zombie apocalypse sized first aid kit in my motor and can remember a lot of the training I’ve received over the years.

May consult the Bishop tomorrow as to best form of exorcism for a piece of fishing kit :rolleyes: :devilish:🙏✝️

Anyone else ever had a piece of tackle with a hoodoo on it ???

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Not quite to the same level, but I bought a pellet waggler rod a few months ago that’s never been used. I’m sure it will be at some point, but I’ve never had the right conditions since I bought it, plus it’s another new method for me and need a couple of practice sessions with it before I let it loose in a match situation.

Fair play to you re the RTA by the way 👍

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I wet my pellet waggler rod the same day I collected it from an FB marketplace ad but this pole is making me twitchy :cry:

I would take it to my local carp puddle but too many cyclists on the footpath around the lakeside which is really close to the waters edge and I’m nowhere near confident enough with handling a long pole to risk it getting wiped out first time at a water.

RTA was a bit messy but I’ve seen worse - thankfully not a FATACC

I wet my pellet waggler rod the same day I collected it from an FB marketplace ad but this pole is making me twitchy :cry:

I would take it to my local carp puddle but too many cyclists on the footpath around the lakeside which is really close to the waters edge and I’m nowhere near confident enough with handling a long pole to risk it getting wiped out first time at a water.

RTA was a bit messy but I’ve seen worse - thankfully not a FATACC
Get real and buy a centrepin you know it makes sense.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do the bushes glow in the dark and give you the feeling you're being watched?

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I think I had a haunted lucky rabbit's foot once. I'm convinced it was the reason behind my first ever blank. I gave it away to a vegetarian ;)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chucklin

I will have a little conversation with Thor today, being as he's a god for fishermen,

see if he will help you out a bit ;)

PS :, That was Rosies first pole and should unless you have cleaned it to within an inch of its life, still retain a little of her fish catching pheromones on it, so you should bag up royally when you do get to use it

Oddly enough I have a centrepin which I use for the river and a bit of surface carp fishing
I have a very old ariel and use it on a regular basis on my cannal . I get funny looks but it just bounces off me.ive not used a pole for about 10 years and I don't miss it one little bit.i don't match fish any more.i just enjoy fishing isn't that what it's all about.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I
Chucklin

I will have a little conversation with Thor today, being as he's a god for fishermen,

see if he will help you out a bit ;)

PS :, That was Rosies first pole and should unless you have cleaned it to within an inch of its life, still retain a little of her fish catching pheromones on it, so you should bag up royally when you do get to use it
just wan to get it to a venue where I can use it mate :rolleyes:

bryan white

Site Supporter
Blimey..quite a bit of unused
full guru luggage range from 2 years ago
daiwa tournament pro 9ft feeder
fox barbel rod + reel
microlite 2000
titan 2000
image canal rod 12ft
hardy ultralte fly rod #5
efgeeco seat box + effeeco tackle boxes
abu 501-one used , other one not as yet
shimsno aero 2000
dam minor match 10ft
mitchell 324
4 keepnets still in bag it arrived In

tried to get an image from from here recently,but unfortunately finding the time to travel is a scarce..kids , beer and fishing get in the way..maybe later if he still has it

bryan white

Site Supporter
Blimey..quite a bit of unused
full guru luggage range from 2 years ago
daiwa tournament pro 9ft feeder
fox barbel rod + reel
microlite 2000
titan 2000
image canal rod 12ft
hardy ultralte fly rod #5
efgeeco seat box + effeeco tackle boxes
abu 501-one used , other one not as yet
shimsno aero 2000
dam minor match 10ft
mitchell 324
4 keepnets still in bag it arrived In

tried to get an image from from here recently,but unfortunately finding the time to travel is a scarce..kids , beer and fishing get in the way..maybe later if he still has it
Ooh..forgot 4m tournament landing net handle..got that as a birthday present last year

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Still haven't used the two whips I've got this year. More likely to get around to it once the rivers open.

bryan white

Site Supporter
Dear oh dear..silver fishers post reminded me, a set of 4 garbolino whips and also found an unused 13ft fox barbel float rod..really need to do a stock check..amount of terminal tackle not mentioned is embarrassing

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I bought a bargain day shelter about 4 years ago. I've taken it with me on about 3 occasions, but never
got around to using it.