I give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulod

Site Supporter
I'm in need of help...(yes I know, it's been common knowledge for a while..).
Those soft toggle things on pole catapults, such as the Drennan and Fox ones, the ones you (theoretically) push new elastic onto. I'm beaten. I've had more than enough trouble with the Drennan's in the past, but this little Fox thing's impossible. How did they ever get it on in the first place I'd like to know. I've even tried leaving the caty in the freezer over night to stiffen the male bit up (!) but it obviously still doesn't fancy the elastic. The thing is, they're excellent little caty's otherwise. Any suggestions?

mouse77

put the ends of the elastic in water for 10 minutes then try to push them on.

paulod

Site Supporter
I'd actually thought of the hot water idea, but thought it might knacker the elastic..?? Anyway, much obliged, I'll try it

Terry D

The taxpayers can afford it!
What's wrong with a bit of spit on the laccy. Works for me.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Don't whatever you do have the bright idea I had a few years ago of lubricating the inside of the elastic with washing-up liquid.

Elastic pushed onto the peg really easy - trouble was it pulled off really easy every time I tried to use it too [:(][:p]

Simon

paulod

Site Supporter
Hmmm, I don't think you're familiar with these pesky little Foxes Neil. The first thing I tried was the 'spit and push', as per. Umpteen attempts later I got about 1/5th of an inch on, and it came off 20 minutes into a match last Sunday. Actually, things could've been worse, it gave me a new excuse for coming nowhere[:)]

DOUBLE RED

SUSSED IT[:D][:D]

Treated my 2 drennan deli-cats to new elastic and cups today
All you have to do is get a blunt cocktail stick or something around that diameter and push the elastic on about half an inch, then carefully roll back the elastic on itself and pull it off the cocktail stick, then push the peg into the elastic and roll it on the peg (just like putting a dobber on LOL[:D])

No more loosing my rag with deli-cats wahoooooo!

paulod

Site Supporter
That sounds very clever.....I'll try it! It might even take my mind off my stolen gear....

Status
Not open for further replies.