I don't know how to say this but........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here goes........

I want to thank all of you at Elvington for the Bottle of Whiskey that you clubbed together to buy me and also for the whip-round that you had..... this I was and still am overwhelmed at as it is something that I didn't expect and certainly threw me totally when Stu presented it. In fact I was completely lost for words which as though that know me will testify is a very rare occasion.

I don't want any one of you to think that I was ungrateful for the money, which in hindsight it might appear, when I immediately donated it to Macmillan - it's just that I was overwhelmed and okay admittedly a bit embarrassed (and thats not a dig).

I don't know what else to say but a great big thankyou and I hope you weren't offended icon_smile_blush.gif

My kindest regards to you all,

Dave

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Actually Dave I was deeply upset, I thought you might have ofered us all a tot. LOL

You deserved it mate, you worked rally hard for that weekend.

See you soon.

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

dave k

well done dave
a good day was had by all by the sound of it.

our own club is holding an open weekend on August 10th & 11th at cambridge as part of National fishing week ( the official start of NFW is the week after)

we will be targeting the kids at our event, and as we did last year all the money we raise via a raffle,tombola and second hand takle stall will be going to Marie Curie cancer care. last year we raised just over 400, hopfully we can improve on that this year.

details of the event can be found on our club web site.
http://www.homestead.com/cambridgeuniversityangli/index.html

once again Dave well done for a fantastic ammount raised for a cause that is very close to my heart.unfortunatly due to cicumstances beyond my control i was not able to contribute in anyway.

Dave Kennedy
http://usscangling.cjb.net

scouse

'River Man'
HI Dave
what can one say?
you are just brill, if more people in the world
were like you and the maggotdrowners that make the effort
we would be better for it,
I could not make it but still helped
in my little way
well done dave and all the best

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Cant add any more thans been said. Well Done Dave and thanks for a great weekend. put me done for next year. John

chill out go fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
LOL, Dave,
If youre regretting not taking it, you can change your mind!
I'm sending you another 35.00, so it's a little way towards it!!!

Seriously, no one could take offence at such a spontaneous gesture and IF i'd have been asked, It would have been more!
Lovely to see that your efforts ARE appreciated.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.