I don't belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Pg 6 of todays AM in the left hand coloum very top article.

It seems three chaps from coventry have seen fit to get a petition together to abolish the EA rod licence claiming the goverment should fund it.

They have already got support from two NON angling MP's.

Now my question is

Would you sign this petition??
Now before you decided think carefully about it.
1) while we are paying the goverment will have to think about the amount of money at stake if they abolish angling.
2) If we aren't paying then the anti's will find so much easier to get rid of the "sponging/freeloading" anglers.
3) Why are two non angling MP's interested in helping angling?? (hidden agenda maybe?)
4) while we pay we have a say (well to some extent)
5) While the rod licence exists they will need bailiffs to do checks , so no rod licence no bailiffs & unemployment will go up.
So there you go i'll let you decide.

Alan
You've just been moderated

AlexR

well obviously, if the government are scooping in all those 21`s then they`re gonna think twice about banning it. i dont begrudge paying, but then, i am a junior so i get mine for 5

;)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whenever i see the comment "supported by MPs" I always wonder how much they have been paid to support it. I do not think an Mp has had an original thought in his, or her life, unless it involved getting something out of it.

You may gather that I am not a great fan of our political set up. I feel like putting a big sign up outside the Houses of Parliament.

HYPOCRITS ARE US (Now the colour could have been red i am not showing party bias there)

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Del-J

' Victor '
Dave I reckon your an old :)D) cynic.

I think your not far wrong tho'.

MALC

I was very surprised when i read the article.

Being as i only live 10 mins from Coventry and use tackle shops there and fish very often with anglers from Coventry and just joined a club there that i'd not heard anything about this before.

As for them suggesting it the only thing that springs to mind is Bloody self centred idiots, and the same goes for anybody that supports them.

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:1) while we are paying the goverment will have to think about the amount of money at stake if they abolish angling.
4) while we pay we have a say (well to some extent)

quote:well obviously, if the government are scooping in all those 21`s then they`re gonna think twice about banning it.

It ain't neccessarily so,
Afraid that this government will do what ever it wants to do. With no credible opposition Bambi and his boys can ride roughshod over anything that they want to.
Shame,it's the price you pay for DEMOCRACY firedevil.gif

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Edited by - peter on 13 March 2002 10:33:59 PM

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Got to agree with Peter,

Look out People,
It,s Later than you think!

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

ray

wave.gif gentlemen, i think you are all jumping to conclusions and being to hard on our overworked,underpaid m.p's, think of the benefits to us all if the government where to fund and run our waterways, yes it might lead to unemployment for baylffs and EA employees but i'm sure the benefits will outway this, i mean, you only have to look at the health service, trains, police etc........ roflmao.gif

i dont spoil your fishing, so dont you spoil mine......take your rubbish home.

original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good one Ray, and they call me a cynic.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.