I am asking a favour

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
Very happy to sign this. If attendees are sensible and responsible enough to attend such groups then it goes without saying they'll be equally so about social distancing and other virus protection measures.
Well done

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Gentleman,

I thank you for your honesty in the drinking game. Have a relative who cannot give it up, and will no doubt loose all family, including me - I've just had enough. Been going on for nearly 5 years - takes some doing and guts to admit to it.

Gladly signed

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
This is a cause which is very close to home. I’ve been sober for nine years and I’m doing fine but when I joined AA I was literally at deaths door. AA saved my life. There are Zoom meetings at the moment but have been no proper AA meetings since March. People in desperation need a meeting in a room with other (mostly recovered) alcoholics not a zoom meeting. This petition is asking the government to allow AA and other addiction support groups to meet. As friends I am asking you to support this petition and take a moment to sign it. The lack of meetings is costing many more lives than covid would if the meetings were allowed. People are allowed to meet in pubs and churches as well as in their workplaces. This is essential work which will genuinely save lives. If you feel you don’t agree with it then don’t sign it but I would really appreciate it if this thread didn’t descend into argument or frivolity. Thank you all in advance.

All signed