Hydroelastic help needed please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe32

I have just bought some white hyrdo elastic but have got a couple of questions.
My top kits are 2.8m long and you only get 2m of hydro so what do you join it to to make up the extra distance,I was planning on joining it to braid via a swivel or do you just stretch it to fit but that does seem to defeat the object of having multi phase elastic.
And seeing how much it stretches,with 2m of hydro in the top kit i have visions of landing a fish with 7-8m of pole as it seems to stretch about five time as much as my normal elastic.
I am sure some of you guy's have used it before and i would appreciate your comments.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

bloodworm

joe,half way tie two knots as close together as possible,then cut it in half,between the knots,you now have 2 equal lengths,just elasticate your 1st section on your power kits or your top 2 on your match kit,its good for skimmers or pasti carp,if you use the full length in your match kit you have the chance to land a lump,but you might have to land it on 13meters,hope this helps,

bloodworm.

Stu8

'Diawa Man'
Joe..i've got hydro in my diawa long power top 2s, had to stretch it thou (black stuff 10-16+)use this all the time now.Lands everything.....not as stretchy as hollow stuff,Dont join it! will be like throwing 15 quid away..Just try and see!!!!!
good luck
Stu8

Status
Not open for further replies.