Hydro elastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

reveal13

What do u think of it, ive had sdome now for two months and i think it is fabulous, has anyone else tried it, the black and the white?

what are your views?

pete

peter

scouse

'River Man'
Hi Reveal
i dont think i would pay
15 for its a lot of money
for elastic
tightlines dave(scouse)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
A couple of chaps local have tried it and have said it is cr**.

One of those things that a person either goes for or not.

I'm with you Scouse, 15 for elastic - no way.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Gents - I have never even seen a pole but several thoughts occur to me here.

When you consider the cost of your pole and bait and so on, 15 isn't so much money in the overall scheme of things.

If the stuff is seriously better than the other options available and you enjoy catching when you go out, then avoiding it because it cost a few pounds seem downright silly.

How long would you expect the stuff to last? If it held up for say 3 trips, you are now talking 5 per trip and I suspect most of us fritter away more than that when getting ready and heading out to the water.

Closest I can come to really understanding this is the cost of the line I use. PowerPro and I get it for around $40 per 500yds. Not cheap but I like it, it performs well, and I gladly pay the price. Considering that I can get a good mono for $15 - $20 per 3000yds, I still buy the PowerPro because I really like the stuff.

Newt Vail

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Newt,

In my pole I am using no 14 elastic, which is quite strong, in fact strong enough for the carp I have caught to 12lb. I paid under 5 dollars for it and I have enough to last me for well over a year. I also use 10 and 12 elastic in other top 3s I have. On occasion I may go up to size 16.

As I said on another thread I could spend a fortune on tackle and all the gizmos, but it wouldn't make me a better angler, only a poorer one.

I haven't tried the hydro elastic but from what my friends have told me and from what I have read on other sites it appears to be over rated. But if guys swear by it all the best to them, and obviously Peter likes it. I hope he wins lots of matches using it, but it still will not make me buy some.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Geoff P - point taken (and well made).

Still and all, if you were to try some of the stuff and decided it was the greatest improvement for the pole since carbon replaced glass, my bet is you would cheerfully pay the price for it.

To return to my earlier comment about line - I was perfectly happy with my mono until one day I tried a rod spooled with fireline. And loved it. And bought it (even though I winced just a little at the price) even though it was easily 5 or 6 times more expensive than my mono. I now use very little except PowerPro (which lacks several annoying "features" of fireline) even though I pay around $20 for the line needed to spool up a large reel.

I fish for the pleasure of it and that gives me more pleasure so I do it.

That being said, I have NOT traded my boat in on one of the $30K rockets they sell for bass fishing even though they have some features I surely like. One has to draw a line somewhere I suppose.

Newt Vail

ray

thumbsup.gif

never tried it cos i was allways under the impression that it could'nt be cut and you had to use a crows foot to attach ya rigs, however i have just read an article by will raison and he states that if you hold it up, the liquid runs to the bottom and ya can cut it thus enabling a connector to be used, does/has anybody used it like this and if so, with it being cut back, is the performance effected in any way??

clean banks campaign 2002 still has a few vacancies.....are you a member?
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.