Hybrid or Hollow elastic

adz1189

Adam
Just got myself a new pole with x4 top kits and was thinking of putting the dura slip in them as seems really well priced! Any advice on what sizes to go for? Will be fishing commercials for silvers and F1s in winter/spring then F1s and carp up to 10lbs on snake/match lakes in summer/autumn 😬👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Just got myself a new pole with x4 top kits and was thinking of putting the dura slip in them as seems really well priced! Any advice on what sizes to go for? Will be fishing commercials for silvers and F1s in winter/spring then F1s and carp up to 10lbs on snake/match lakes in summer/autumn 😬👍
If you’ve only got 4 kits you maybe better off kitting them all out for winter , then changing them over to spring/ summer when weather warms up , otherwise you’ll be very limited on options 👍you can always keep the winter ones stored at home for next winter and put back in

adz1189

Adam
If you’ve only got 4 kits you maybe better off kitting them all out for winter , then changing them over to spring/ summer when weather warms up , otherwise you’ll be very limited on options 👍you can always keep the winter ones stored at home for next winter and put back in

Ah okay? Im quite new to the pole fishing always really been wagg or feeder. Is having them all set for winter just so can have a few different rigs set up for various depths/lines etc during a session? (Then likewise in summer)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Ah okay? Im quite new to the pole fishing always really been wagg or feeder. Is having them all set for winter just so can have a few different rigs set up for various depths/lines etc during a session? (Then likewise in summer)
That’s right mate I’ll make a suggestion for winter slik(or similar Hybrid) 2 x 6-8 , 2 x 8-10 ......... for summer 2 x 10-12, 1 x 12-14, 1 x 14-16 , just as a starting point 👍

adz1189

Adam
That’s right mate I’ll make a suggestion for winter slik(or similar Hybrid) 2 x 6-8 , 2 x 8-10 ......... for summer 2 x 10-12, 1 x 12-14, 1 x 14-16 , just as a starting point 👍

Thats class mate thanks for that. Exactly what i was after 👍 i think ill take your advice and set up for the rest of winter first then strip out and keep them stored for next winter. Might have added a few more kits by then hopefully too! 👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Thats class mate thanks for that. Exactly what i was after 👍 i think ill take your advice and set up for the rest of winter first then strip out and keep them stored for next winter. Might have added a few more kits by then hopefully too! 👍
You don’t have to use Slik, there’s other makes of hybrid you can get, they are the best and cheapest option at the moment, hollows are ok , but double the price, and don’t work well in winter ...

adz1189

Adam
You don’t have to use Slik, there’s other makes of hybrid you can get, they are the best and cheapest option at the moment, hollows are ok , but double the price, and don’t work well in winter ...

To be honest i was going to head down the Preston Dura slip route purely based on the price but ive just seen the matrix isnt that much more!? Would you recommene puller bungs with the winter elastics still?

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
To be honest i was going to head down the Preston Dura slip route purely based on the price but ive just seen the matrix isnt that much more!? Would you recommene puller bungs with the winter elastics still?
Puller bungs with everything mate 👍if you go for Preston just go for the in between of what I said , ie slik 6-8, will be Preston 7 👍What I’ve given you is a suggestion based on my experience, others may do different or have different ideas 👍

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
The matrix is slightly overrated in elastic rating, go for comparable diameters.
slik 6-8 = duraslip 5
slik 8-10 = duraslip 7
slik 10-12 = dura slip 9. Etc.

so take one off the lower slik rating to get the comparative duraslip.

baggy

Mark Saunders
The matrix is slightly overrated in elastic rating, go for comparable diameters.
slik 6-8 = duraslip 5
slik 8-10 = duraslip 7
slik 10-12 = dura slip 9. Etc.

so take one off the lower slik rating to get the comparative duraslip.
this is completely right