Hybrid feeders

Dean56

Site Supporter
I have used Preston ICS system from its release as it gives you endless options without needing a multiple rod setup.
When Guru released their Hydrid feeders I took to them instantly, fantastic design and no mould needed. Caught a lot of fish using pellets and they cast superbly. Drawback was I did not like their stem system and I needed two rods set up. On one of those nights when I retired to the Gentleman’s smoking and red wine room, aka my garage workshop, when the TV offered nothing of interest, I had a bit of a tinker with my feeders. I found that the ICS stem fitted the Guru feeders, however there was no way to change feeders over. If you take a standard hacksaw and saw a slot down the centre of a guru feeder you will find that you can use both brands of feeder on the same stem. Only other tool needed is a small needle file to put a chamfer on the sides of the slot . I’ve used this system for over a year with no problems. With one stem I can fish hybrid, method, pellet, cage and maggot feeders. The fit on the stem is perfect, aided by Preston putting ribs on, never had any movement of the feeder on the stem. If anyone is unable ,due to disability, poor eyesight etc.to carry out the mod, I’ll do it for them for the cost of postage, Takes seconds once you have done a few. 3A02841B-01DD-4477-84A0-34815AF3BA24.jpeg

Griffo

Site Supporter
I have used Preston ICS system from its release as it gives you endless options without needing a multiple rod setup.
When Guru released their Hydrid feeders I took to them instantly, fantastic design and no mould needed. Caught a lot of fish using pellets and they cast superbly. Drawback was I did not like their stem system and I needed two rods set up. On one of those nights when I retired to the Gentleman’s smoking and red wine room, aka my garage workshop, when the TV offered nothing of interest, I had a bit of a tinker with my feeders. I found that the ICS stem fitted the Guru feeders, however there was no way to change feeders over. If you take a standard hacksaw and saw a slot down the centre of a guru feeder you will find that you can use both brands of feeder on the same stem. Only other tool needed is a small needle file to put a chamfer on the sides of the slot . I’ve used this system for over a year with no problems. With one stem I can fish hybrid, method, pellet, cage and maggot feeders. The fit on the stem is perfect, aided by Preston putting ribs on, never had any movement of the feeder on the stem. If anyone is unable ,due to disability, poor eyesight etc.to carry out the mod, I’ll do it for them for the cost of postage, Takes seconds once you have done a few. 3A02841B-01DD-4477-84A0-34815AF3BA24.jpeg
Good mod, if you turn them over and just cut the lip over the hole does same job without having to cut all the way down the back,

Marker50

Site Supporter
Theres a utube on this very subject.
Yes cut through other side.
Did loads last week.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
A very generous offer, heartening in these selfish times!