Hull angling center

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
So I was just at there web site as you do thinking I'll have a look at at some reels, I think new rod deserves a new reel a couple daiwa's catch my eye looking at the discounts very attractive so I open the page to select item I select the exact model I think I need but can not find a " add to cart or buy now button " umm thinking out of stock so I look at different items all the same no way to actually buy any item , is it just me that being dumb or has there web site crashed have a bug have a look for me please. Has saved me from an impulse purchase so small mercy there lol .

Chervil

Site Supporter
Just had a quick look, I see what you mean. I could increase the quantity, but couldn't see anyway to add to my cart. Never mind, an adult will be along soon, to tell us how to do it. ;)

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@Chervil I'm so glad it's not just me phew, before posting I thought someone would go it's the huge red button in the middle 🤣

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Within 20 mins we would have told HAC where they are going wrong,how to build a new website from scratch and how to completely redevelop their business model.
😂😂😂

Have they turned it off and then back on again yet?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Usually if a store doesn't have a 'add to cart' button it means the product isn't in stock.
However even spurious products that people normally dont rush to buy don't have an add to cart button

Normally I'd email a company if mentioned but apart from a phone number there doesn't appear to be any contact information, business address, or anything - unless I'm missing it.

As for fugley's emoji - dunno what you are on about :)

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
On a serious note, have you set up an account and logged in? That might change the functionality of the web pages and allow you to put stuff in your shopping cart.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Their FB page seems up to date and if all else fails they have an ebay shop

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
If they are in a Tier 4 area they may subject to local restrictions stopping them.
I can do click and collect, and postal service.
It sounds to me like the site has been put in 'catalogue only' mode, I can do that with my online shop, you usually do it when stocktaking

Bazza10

i tried to buy something from them before Christmas and it did exactly the same for me. I don’t live far from the shop so just phoned them and went down. There were boxes everywhere as it was late on and they were just putting stock on the shelves. Everything I wanted they had instock where as other online and local shops didn’t. I would give them a call and speak to them, they are always very helpful and I’m sure they will sort something.

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
Their FB page seems up to date and if all else fails they have an ebay shop

All the listings are showing Click and Collect only

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
For a significant part of last year, HAC suspended all sales activity. During this time, the website was exactly the same. You could not add anything to a basket. I would suspect that a combination of Christmas and going into tier four has seen them do the same again.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I have tried to set up an account error page, the Ebay shop does not list the items I was interested in, there is no click and collect option, besides dorset to hull is a very long way, I will attempt the call them in the near future, I'm on nights and will be sleeping apart from now this is a toilet necessity awakening !

Bazza10

I have tried to set up an account error page, the Ebay shop does not list the items I was interested in, there is no click and collect option, besides dorset to hull is a very long way, I will attempt the call them in the near future, I'm on nights and will be sleeping apart from now this is a toilet necessity awakening !
I’m sure if you give them a call they will sort it out for you 👍🏽 I had a problem with an online order once and they sorted it straight away plus gave me a discount on something else I was looking at.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've just had a message back from Hull Angling Centre - they're just building a new site with live stock.