Hull Angling Center

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I just wanted to put this post up to say how great Hull Angling Center are. You often hear about bad service, but rarely good service.

A little while ago I bought a second Daiwa ninja reel from them, through E bay. In my haste I bought the wrong reel, I only noticed when I went to put line on the spool, the spool was deeper, and the spindle on the reel was longer. I contacted Hull Angling, who immediately offered to take the reel back and exchange it. I sent it back to them and was told that they no longer had that model left in stock, as due to lockdown, they had sold out and as Daiwa were shut in Scotland didn’t know when they could get anymore stock in. They offered to let me have a more expensive reel, a Daiwa Ninja LT 6000 SS at no extra cost. I asked whether the spools were the same on the 4012 that I had and the 6000. They couldn’t be sure, but thought they were. They gave me a few days to think it through. This was last Friday. I tried to ring Daiwa and look on the internet to see if the spools were the same, without much luck. Well today I had a call from Hull Angling to say that they had received a new Daiwa order and that there were a few 4012 Ninja feeder reels in the order. They immediately rang me and offered me the first one. I offered to pay the postage, as after all, it was my mistake I ordered the wrong one and was grateful they even agreed to exchange it. They wouldn’t take any payment saying, “ as I had waited so long they were happy to pay it”. I now have a new matching reel winding it’s way to me, and I just wanted to say in a long winded way “ what fantastic guys they are and a big thumbs up to Hull Angling” . Give them a go for good deals and excellent customer service.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Always had great service whenever I've been in there. Really good maggots and casters too.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I just wanted to put this post up to say how great Hull Angling Center are. You often hear about bad service, but rarely good service.

A little while ago I bought a second Daiwa ninja reel from them, through E bay. In my haste I bought the wrong reel, I only noticed when I went to put line on the spool, the spool was deeper, and the spindle on the reel was longer. I contacted Hull Angling, who immediately offered to take the reel back and exchange it. I sent it back to them and was told that they no longer had that model left in stock, as due to lockdown, they had sold out and as Daiwa were shut in Scotland didn’t know when they could get anymore stock in. They offered to let me have a more expensive reel, a Daiwa Ninja LT 6000 SS at no extra cost. I asked whether the spools were the same on the 4012 that I had and the 6000. They couldn’t be sure, but thought they were. They gave me a few days to think it through. This was last Friday. I tried to ring Daiwa and look on the internet to see if the spools were the same, without much luck. Well today I had a call from Hull Angling to say that they had received a new Daiwa order and that there were a few 4012 Ninja feeder reels in the order. They immediately rang me and offered me the first one. I offered to pay the postage, as after all, it was my mistake I ordered the wrong one and was grateful they even agreed to exchange it. They wouldn’t take any payment saying, “ as I had waited so long they were happy to pay it”. I now have a new matching reel winding it’s way to me, and I just wanted to say in a long winded way “ what fantastic guys they are and a big thumbs up to Hull Angling” . Give them a go for good deals and excellent customer service.
Always had great service when i have used them. 😄

Bazza10

I had a issue with an order from eBay last week, instead of messing about sending it back I only live half hour away so went through, they swapped my reel and they knocked me money off a rod I wanted aswell for my trouble.

2trinitythree

Been looking and trying to decide on certain rods the last couple of weeks, one being a great price with them. Trouble is, went online yesterday to find their website stated they are closed, and postal orders are cancelled. Is this true does anyone know, also their ebay shop is now selling next to nothing with a similar statement about no deliveries?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem for a lot of tackle shops is there is currently not enough stock coming into the country to go around and the manufacturers, who let's be fair are more 'designers' these days, cannot get it here fast enough to supply demand.
It was always going to be the case once the supply chain was closed down for weeks on end as the demand was still there, stuff was being sold off the shelves, but the stock wasn't coming in to replace it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's nothing to stop anyone using the 'Wanted' section of the Classifieds and putting up items that they want to buy. We do get a lot of people looking in as well as shop owners, and if they have it or someone knows someone who has, it could save you a lot of ringing round

Bazza10

Give them a call and speak to them, I had to give them a ring last week, they are very helpful 👍🏽

pkthorne

Tried friday, monday and again today ( Tuesday)to order some rods talked to someone on phone not been phoned back yet to confirm order