Hull and district AA

Bazza10

I bought the book on the 1st Nov and got the 14 for the price of 12 month thing. Does anyone else have to book? Can anyone recommend any of the waters? I’m mostly into my carp fishing, would love to catch a few 20s and bigger and recently got into the river fishing aswell for chub/barbel. Any help would be much appreciated.

fileyrodrest

Site Supporter
I bought the book on the 1st Nov and got the 14 for the price of 12 month thing. Does anyone else have to book? Can anyone recommend any of the waters? I’m mostly into my carp fishing, would love to catch a few 20s and bigger and recently got into the river fishing aswell for chub/barbel. Any help would be much appreciated.
I've been a HDAA member for the past few seasons. I mainly fish the rivers, but having spoken to members who carp fish the ponds at Brandesburton are by apparently well worth a visit. All the information you'll need is in the 'Information Book' issued to members. Maybe also have a look on Youtube for Colin Hebb, he posts videos of his catches, including carp. Good luck.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Forum member davylad may know matey. He’s from that neck of the woods. A very good all round angler.

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
I lived in Beverley about 10 years ago. I only fished the river Hull, Beverley beck/canal, and Lakeminster. The peg James Robbins fishes on his YouTube video with PK is at Tickton. He was in my favourite Barbel peg. He fishes bread punch on the long pole whereas I used to fish donkey chokers (21mm halibut pellet) across and stick float down the inside line with hemp and caster. I'd try here...

Bazza10

I bought the ticket at the beginning of November and fished the Trent stretch on it, might give the river Hull a go it’s probably the same distance for me to get to. Any places you recommend in particular?

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
I bought the ticket at the beginning of November and fished the Trent stretch on it, might give the river Hull a go it’s probably the same distance for me to get to. Any places you recommend in particular?
Tickton for Barbel. Winter you need to be in the shipyard in Beverley or down near the council tip. 10BB alloy stick floats, pole feeder, pole, feeder, straight lead. Roach, Ide, Perch, Barbel, Chub, Eels, Flounder, Pike. Hemp and caster, maggot, worm, bread, halibut pellets, deadbaits.