Hudsons Farm (Fylde Lancashire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Anyone fished this venue if so can you leave me a little information on this thread i am thinking of going over on monday thanks in advance [:)]

Datafile2.gif
Happiness is playin wif yer rod

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
sorry m8 never fished that one.. post your results when you have so we know if it is worth going to in future....thanx Haydn.....
Datafile2.asp

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

catman

well mate it was a few years ago but the corer pegs towards the river usauly did fish well trout pllets and boilies. the small lake was built back in the late 80s by the owner paul who use to be a milk man in st micheals on the wyre. i also beleive that paul is now very ill. but i did hold the record for carp there for 2 years with a lovely mirror of 19.08lbs this was the biggest fish in the lake and now this weighs about 29lbs hope you catch use stringers and fiush near to the island. if its still there.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Cheers Cat very usefull and i will let you know how i fare be fishing it later on in the week change of plan now as we are going to the cattery at eccleston on monday.

Datafile2.asp

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
quote:Originally posted by delighted_fisherman

how do you get there i live in blackpool wouldnt mind fishing hudsons farm

Try this link it might be handy for you m8 good luck

http://www.compunet.free-online.co.uk/fishing/home.htm

Datafile2.asp

pikey123

I fish Hudsons Farm quite often in the summer months,fishing the Doughnut lake.Thats the one on the left as you drive through the farmyard to park up.I had carp to 6lb on the pole off the first peg on the left side of the lake (down 3 step steps)fishing tight to the weeds using 16s laccy 7lb line. feeding pellets & paste or pellet on the hook.the carp stay close to the island & if you can get across to it i would say thats your best chance.
i,ve also had a walk round with rod line & dog biscuits with some success (only the ducks can be a pain).
ive fished other pegs & even in winter it does fish ok.
but scale down & try caster to start with.
it is a good fishery & the lad who runs is called Tommy.
dave

d a pike

catman

pikey when you go there again say hello to paul mate i do hope he is better.the last i heard he was a little ill to say the least but send him my regards from gary i use to fish there a lot and did hold the lake record for two years with a 19.08lbs mirror. from the river peg on the bigger lake.remind him that i was the one that use to fish when it was coverd in ice lol my nutty days mate. well now running my own bussines in spain on the ebro for all fishing. send my love to his wife she cooks a wicked breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.