Hucknall anglers mill pond and river lean

Poacher Pat Felstead

Evening all, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the above. I went and had a look a few years back and the pond looked stunning.

It's now run by hucknall anglers and they have the stretch of the river lean that runs into the pond. Has anyone fished it? I'm particularly interested in the lean.

Any information would be appreciated. I'm considering joining just so I can fish the river.

Thanks I'm advance

Reuben

Site Supporter
Hi mate, I was a member of Hucknall Anglers many moons ago & regularly fished the pond. It was a great fishery with plenty of roach, bream, tench, carp & a few pike. We had Summer midweek evening matches there & they were often won off the couple of pegs on the Lean - big chub & roach. Never fished the Lean myself but it obviously held fish. It kept the pond from freezing over in Winter too. Hope you enjoy it.

Mr Barry S

Evening all, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the above. I went and had a look a few years back and the pond looked stunning.

It's now run by hucknall anglers and they have the stretch of the river lean that runs into the pond. Has anyone fished it? I'm particularly interested in the lean.

Any information would be appreciated. I'm considering joining just so I can fish the river.

Thanks I'm advance
There are some nice fish in the Leen. I have caught Chub on a 5# fly rod with dry flies in it @ Lenton, not fished Hucknall AC waters