How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whalley1992

Account Locked
Went to gorsty hall in crewe the other day, on the opposite bank there was a bunch of lads (noisey beer louts) they were fishing bread on the top an catching a lot of good fish.
How were they doing it? they were managing to cast a fair old distance and from what i could see they were fishing straight though. Is this a known method?

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
They were more than likely using some sort of controller float or bubble float, which is basically a means of getting the bait out a good distance. There are loads of different types available on the market.

Fishing on the top is a well used method in the summer mate.

Have a scan on the net for controller floats.

Its sort of like an upside down Pike float, with the eye on the top, and a weight at the bottom. You thread your line through the eye and put on your hook, and just lock the line below the float for free running, or use 2 shot spread out a foot or so either side of the float to give a sort of "bolt Rig" effect.

There are also some newer versions of this called missiles or darts:http://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/carp-accessories/tf-gear-surface-missiles/39/no/33579

keelin

Or you can fish straight through using a bread roll like this http://www.fishingmagic.com/rigs/carp_rigs/10831.html

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Steve, sorry mate but i can't believe you have recommended putting shot either side of the controller float!!

What happens if the line snaps above the top shot?, a decent controller float only needs one shot below it and a decent shock bead then let the float sit against the shockbead/shot and cast it out, its much more fun when you see the line zipping off the reel and heading out through the eye of the controller at 200mph [:D]

whalley1992

Account Locked
keelin that looks like how they were doing it ta (Y)

bpp i never thought about a controller float but they didnt have one on i dont think

Status
Not open for further replies.