How went the Day, DearHeart

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
A short summary of a day in the Life

Woke up, not the best of the early hours, had to get up during the night, ( those of age annd experience will recognise this )

Which meant I disturbed the sleep of a small dog lie'ing, an apt piece of advice, because of that, an adventure to the rear entrance ensued, so he could aimlessy wander around sniffing the smells that only moonlight produces

Flitfully slumbered until the light outside grew in intensity, early in the day is the only time the front elevation where reposes the room designated for sleep is situated

Gave Up, went for another dangle and got dressed,

Coffee, then more Coffee, that wonder liquid, ( I will forever be indebted the lone Indian who first thought of picking the bean, drying, roasting, crushing the seed, and finally infusing it in hot water, that sirs is how Gods or Madmen are made ) the first cup merely lubricated the throat, the second warmed the stomach and the third Hit

Better, park my arse, roll a smoke, flick the switch on various electronics, have a look, peruse the World Wide Web, ( via a Suberban Semi in West Yorkshire, and a Corporation in California, checked Ive been Liked, I like to be Liked yer Know, its Likeable )

Then remembered its Bin day !, Panic !, on with the footwear, hit the ground running, some call it stumbling over dog but that depends on the view of the person in the movement phase,

go back after reaching the rear door, because the security device that requires a key is activated, seek and find said key and retrace steps,

Fresh air, the chain and padlock on the big gate is removed and a tug of war starts with the recycle bin for the length of the Alley, I won, and was heralded by a choir of empty bottles playing a tune as it slapped down on the designated place for disposal,

In fact I won twice, I had beaten the Dustbin Men ( anyone remeber that programme ? ) in the guessing game of thier time of arrival

Winner Winner, Fist pump, and Low five the Small black Canine,

More Coffee, another Tab, as this was beginning of what could be refffered to as the Planning Stage

Took about Two seconds to plan the remains of the day, as, forsooth they had already been laid

Today was the commmencement of the second stage of a task the had originally commenced yesterday, which co-incidently had been the first stage of the task in question that would reach the full preperation ( at end of play ) for the third stage which is programmed for tomorrow, weather and being arsed permitting, those of a procrastinating nature, will recognise this, thus

This programmed event was the dressing of the two pack filler that had been applied to those places where the participent of the works ( that is your author ) decided either scarf joints were not required and a big dog of rock hard epoxy based gob would fulfill the repair works for some poorly maintained exterior joinery

The first stage had also contained tasks such as burning off, scraping and rubbing down the peeling paint finishes to expose any rot or suchlike, those parts deemed suitable had recieved repairs and the majority of the exposed timber had recieved a coat of oil based primer, knackering to the wrist that was , as it was an old 2.5ltr tin , that had seperated, and a period was spent remixing the three quarter full can to usable opacity (note opacity)

second stage commenced, door off again, laid on trestles, return to frame, tart up the scarfed repairs, pare the two pack to near there, and finish with 80 grit

give the two doors, the window, the low fascia, window and two door frames an undercoat, same paint as the previous day, though, halway through the decoration of the second door, an item constructed a frame ledge and brace with toungue and groove pales, it was decided to state, bugger this and seek the turps substitute, the problem being, that not only had seperated, but because of the heat yesterday out in the small sun trap where it had been being used the previous day the viscosity had been affected along with the previous opacity problem, it had become stiff as ****, spirits were introduced and agitation began, finally after judicious use of the thinner the wrist had a far easier job of work to complete

Satisfied, Man and dog retired to consume thier meals and rest, it had been warm, I had sweated under the midday sun, we both had (theres a song in there somewhere Im sure ) the fine dust which was produced earlier and the smell of paint had adhered to my skin, pheromones were in evidence as well, though the use of them on the female of the species was met by the retort to my suave advances of the unappreciative phrase "You Stink"

Which led after an appropriate tome "For it to go down" the meal that is, an adventure for the ablutions where taken, in fact the whole kit and caboodle, all three of the S's

which led yet again, after the standing under falling water and the application of "shield" as a suitable soaping agent, a persusal of the facial features

As it has been lockdown, and exiting the premises unless on utmost urgent business is regarded in rather a bad light, facial hair has been the de riguer look, I havent shaved for well over a week, probably near two, no where to go see, and the offy doesnt require a dress code,

Thus finishes the tale, for what was facing me, as I also havent been using a looking glass during the present phase, was far more grey or even white hairs in the bearded area on my cheeks and chin,

That made my day that did,

Time for Beer and a Toke

Last edited:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apologies for the mispelling and poor punctuation, I was slightly inebreated at the time of posting