How Track and Trace Works

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
A contact tracer will text or e-mail a person that has tested positive for Coronavirus

That person will assume its some sort of scam and delete the message

The contact tracer will then phone the person

the person will then block the caller assuming the unknown number is one of those automated calls wanting to know if you have been in a car accident lately

the contact tracer finally gets through to the person 3 days later, who meanwhile has spread the virus widely, to ask who they have been in contact with, so those people can be made to self isolate for 14 days

the person with corona virus includes a number of people he or she doesnt like, forcing them to go into quaranteen for two weeks

but convieniently forgets the co worker from marketing they have been having an illicit affair with

Thats it

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It was destined to fail from the start.

It assumes people are trusting, trustworthy, honest and in this day and age that side of you gets knocked about too much by the cold callers, the scammers, and the con artists

My missus has had two missed calls from a health agency, but when you call it back you get an automated answer saying they tried to call you and this line is unavailable (or words to the effect of)
So is it track & trace, a cold caller, a scammer, someone from the docs, results of a recent health check, or what?

"Could you tell me who you have been in contact with.. ?"
"Well I've been down in London protesting BLMs for the weekend"

Keith Sparky

But let's assume at least one of the contacts they are trying to reach picks up the phone and is informed of the possible exposure to the virus.....surely that person may well then help to contact the friends and family they have had extended contact with to help warn them to also self isolate whether or not the contact tracers could get hold of them...I think this is what normal people would do...look out for those you care about....I think this is where the process gains some traction...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
One other problem is a lot of people won't take any notice of the call if they have no symptoms and if it's going to cost them time/money off work, etc.

That's what I've heard from quite a few people who 'don't trust the system/government '

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apple;, we will make a free track and trace system

Google;, we will help, then it will work across 99% of all mobile phones, should be ready by May

Uk Govt, No we will make our own version

Apple and Google, you will need our help

UK govt, No we wont Doms mate says he can fix it

Apple and Google, off you go then

Doms mate, can we have your propriety code

Apple and Goole, hahaha No !

Doms mate, why not

Apple and Google, Because your system breaches international privacy laws by ripping peoples contact details and storing it on your servers so you can use it or sell it on later

Public, it does **** that !

Hancock, our world beating system is up and running at only the cost of £120,000,00

NHS, no its not !

Hancock, we have hit a snag,

Public, whats that ?

Hancock, it doesnt work on I phones or Android and nobody wants to download it

Whole World, Really ????

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can see the logic in the government not wanting to involve Apple and Google, it's a bit like asking two rogues for afternoon tea with your granny and not expecting them to roll her over :D

Maybe we should have gone to see Huawei instead ;)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Track and trace my hairy Arse ?social media and yer at the races every Tom Dick or Boris knows where ya are ??

62tucker

Site Supporter
There been a scam text message going around for ages asking for money to send a test kit out.
In this day and age. All messages, emails,phone calls should be traced to source and perpetrators fined,jailed,shot,