HOW TO TIE A HAIR RIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

villaman04

I wonder if anyone can help does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of how to tie a hair rig to your hook

vwt4

Either tie a small loop or use a loop tier from shop about a pound in a lengh of line at the end.
cut the lengh about 14 inches and thread the other end through the BACK of the eye and pull it through so that the hair is as lon as you want it from the hook, then start tightly wrapping the line back up the hook shank toward the point about 8-10 turns then once back toward the eye and thread it through the BACK of the eye again and pull it tight you have just made a knotless knot, decide how long you want the hook lengh to be and tie a double overhand loop or attach to a swivel, viola, you should have a simple rig which you can now procede to use and catch fish, or start to d******e it with tubing, rings, rig bits and christmas d******ions to your hearts content, I hope this helps.

vwt4

I've just noticed another thread on here a bit further down titled hair rig diagrams and all, just get a loop tyer from tackle shop to do the little loop much easier and everyne is exact and the right size only cost a quid good luck

if you buy one ready made hair rig then you can compare the ones your making, so oyu know you have done them right

Status
Not open for further replies.