How to stop worrying...

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
When you're worried about things what do you to relieve the stress?

For me... it's stop thinking about it so much first and foremost...

I have been reading about 'Transcendental Meditation'... invented by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and promoted by famous people from The Beatles to David Lynch... but I haven't taken it that far yet. Anyone tried it?

Maharishi.jpeg

What I prefer is just a nice cup of coffee and then getting my jobs done, relaxing with a nice beer and movie on the evening.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's funny that song was already in my head today! :) Always a panic on the day before going on holiday.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

I have been reading about 'Transcendental Meditation'... invented by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and promoted by famous people from The Beatles to David Lynch... but I haven't taken it that far yet. Anyone tried it?

Maharishi.jpeg

What I prefer is just a nice cup of coffee and then getting my jobs done, relaxing with a nice beer and movie on the evening.
Meditation 🧘‍♀️ is good 👍, also put your mind to the people who need to worry ,no food ,no house ,no money ,illness 😢 they need to worry ,we dont . By the way im a worrier to but thats what helps me thinking if the millions much less fortunate . Failing that a nice drink or 3 and some music of choice (happy stuff) .

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
I've tried a variety of things, drink, drugs, pills, powders but they just fuzz things up for a few hours and when they wear off the stress and worry just hits you again tenfold. Walking is good, fishing isn't, hard exercise is good, talking isn't, laughing with others is good. I've just been on a Breathing apparatus refresher at the fire service college Moreton in Marsh. Met a good bunch of people and we had a good laugh. One particular Northern lrish girl managed to drink us all under the table but we had a cracking time trying to keep up. Tiny little thing she was just chucked pint after pint down her neck🍻😁

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter

Maharishi.jpeg

Jeez mate, I thought you were younger than that. Is that a guru feeder in your hand?😜😜

Blanks

Site Supporter
You need to learn to control your mind, do not over think.
Fear is your biggest enemy allow it to take over and it will destroy you.

Whisker

Site Supporter
I let my mind go blank years ago. It didn’t take long (seconds in fact 😂), and has served me well for all the years since. Mrs Whisker says I never worry about anything. As has been said already:

Think about the less fortunate; there’s plenty of people with bigger worries than yours.

Can you change it?
Yes - then do something to change the outcome.
No - Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. You always are.

Total

Site Supporter
My bags are packed, tackle is ready, just a nights sleep and 3.5 hour journey with Bristol traffic on the way awaits. I'll be happy when I've made ten bait up casts with a feeder and sat waiting for the tip to go round now. 🤪

First cast........Straight in the trees!......

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
For those who fancy a go at meditation, but don't fancy the whole Hari Krishna caboodle, try this:

Lie flat on your back with your arms by your sides and your legs uncrossed. It is OK to do this in bed.
Relax and breathe as normally as you can, but try to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
(If you can't do this, just breathe as you normally do)
Count your breaths. Try not to think of anything except breathing in and out. (If your brain side-tracks you, and it will, just
drop the thought and get back to breathing.)
When you get to 20 breaths Try to imagine in your mind what you look like lying there in bed (as if you were standing nearby)
When you have that picture in your head, try to 'pan out' so you are looking at the roof of your house from above.
When you have that picture, 'pan out' again so you can see all the houses in your street.
Then all the streets in your local area.
Then your whole town.
Then pan out so you can see your town fade into a map of England.
Then pan out so you can see the world as if from orbit.
Then pan again until Earth is a 'Blue Marble'
Keep going out until it is just a dot.
Keep going until you can see the whole of our solar system.
Keep going until even our solar system becomes a dot in a spiral arm of our galaxy.
...until you can see multiple galaxies.

Take a moment to marvel at how incredibly huge and wonderful the universe really is.

Then zoom back in rapidly jumping through as many stages as you can remember, until you are
back in your bed.

Take another moment to digest what you have just seen.

...and relax.