How to stop screenshots?

GeoffW

Site Supporter
I have a Samsung S8 and it keeps saving random screenshots which annoy and take up space.
Tried this solution -
To disable screen capture and recording for Android, do the following:
  1. On the File menu, click Settings.
  2. Click the Native tab, and then the Android sub-tab.
  3. Check the Disable Application Screenshot checkbox.
  4. Click Finish.
Can't find the Android sub tab!!
Any ideas please?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
just stop pushing the side buttons at the same time...it's a lot easier :blahblah::blahblah:

carphauler

I have a Samsung S8 and it keeps saving random screenshots which annoy and take up space.
Tried this solution -
To disable screen capture and recording for Android, do the following:
  1. On the File menu, click Settings.
  2. Click the Native tab, and then the Android sub-tab.
  3. Check the Disable Application Screenshot checkbox.
  4. Click Finish.
Can't find the Android sub tab!!
Any ideas please?
The page you're looking at is not a guide for an android phone I think, you can disable palm swipe capture but if you are doing it via the buttons then I don't think you can disable it unless you're rooted, even then you might not be able.
Try a gel case or case with a folding flap also there may be an app to disable it but I can't find one.
I have always had Samsung phones, now S10 and can't say it happens very often but it does occasionally, is it happening when you unlock or lock the screen?

carphauler

If you are on Android Pie/9 you can install goodlock which will give you a customisable navigation bar called navstar, easy to do, from which you can lock the screen or turn off/restart the phone with an onscreen button, like mine.
Screenshot_20200801-122810_NavStar.jpg

GeoffW

Site Supporter
If you are on Android Pie/9 you can install goodlock which will give you a customisable navigation bar called navstar, easy to do, from which you can lock the screen or turn off/restart the phone with an onscreen button, like mine.
View attachment 38686
Thanks for that, but I think my phone is only Adroid 8
The onscreen lock/unlock seems to be the answer

stikflote

Site Supporter
It was dead easy to do ,i went to see my daughter ,gave my phone to grandson, he gave back in less than a
minute done grandad