How to Report a Post

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There was a bit of an issue yesterday where a thread went off the rails.

I received a couple of private messages regarding it, one email and a Facebook Message, none of which got seen until late in the day.

Please, if you see something on the forums that shouldn't be there, or is offensive, abusive or otherwise, use the Report function which can be accessed easily as the link is right under the post you are reading...

1586592091467.png

Once a post is reported all the moderators will receive notifications and who ever is available at the time can jump on to it and take whatever action is required.
All reports are recorded so we can also analyse them for the betterment of the forums and users.

It's a simple proceedure and helps us out no end :)

Thanks,

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If it’s a moderator yer reporting and he is online can he remove the report so as just to carry on and no one see it ? Just asking ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If it’s a moderator yer reporting and he is online can he remove the report so as just to carry on and no one see it ? Just asking ?

No, not unless he resolves it and even then the rest of the moderating team would have still received notification.

Is there a specific reason why you were 'just asking'?

Think very carefully before you answer

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
No mate just very interested on how the whole thing works ?Thank you

DFL

Site Supporter
I don’t know Perchunter in his/her present guise or indeed any previous screen names.

But I have noticed over the years an occasional case of running with the fox and hunting with the hounds from the person responsible for this forum, maybe a perk of the job? It doesn’t bother me to any extent but does raise a wry smile at times.

I most probably will follow you but unlike you will not return, I just thought it right that someone supported your grievance.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
if you are going to quote T&Cs then it also clearly states "We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice"

so you again have your answer to that question

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
He actually asked Dave to Terminate his Account in another Thread. So coming back under another Name only means he is after Trouble.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just for the record the poster went on a search through the Golden Peg looking for items within the Random Picture thread within there looking for posts that he deemed as Racist

The definition of racisim s clearly stated out there, however each individual also has their own definition.
Nothing within that thread was racist.

Post have been made, including one of mine which was reported by the same individual. To date no one else had felt the need not requirement to report such.

There is a fine line berween racism and patriotism and I feel that is where the member got confused...

1592408622758.png

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
In addition, if a member feels the need to report a post, please allow the moderating team the chance to view the report and take whatever action is deemed neccessary. If the moderator is unsure then they can also refer it to the moderating team for review.

No one needs to tag moderators into posts to illicit a fast response, no one needs to send PM's demanding because they feel that the response has not been quick enough for them.
We have a system in place that works well and within the legal requirements of forum management, oh and for future reference reporting or threatening to report the website to the Metropolitan Police because a response is not forthcoming as fast as one would like, is not the way to go about it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Now I would take that kind of threat very seriously Mark