How to find Domestic Bliss

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
She's up and just gone out, off to spend the day with tiny people performing Nanny duties

Just before she left, shes mentioned, thanks for putting the washing on, obviously after hearing the machine on the go

no worries my Love, replies your correspondant, leave it with me

such brazenesss !, if only she knew that what was tumbling around in the 40 degree warm water was my Goretex wetproofs, rather than the contents of the wicker basket reserved for worn clothing

I was just taking the oppertunity with the weather forecast as it is to clean the rather snotty and muddy fishing apparell before it is needed again

looks like I will have to do the rest at sometime today, ;)

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Remember the washing powder Mick. I speak from experience 🙄. Thought I’d gain some browny points last year. Washed clothes, even put them out on the line but, according to SWMBO washing requires a powdery substance putting in with it. She pulled a drawer out and showed me where and how much to put in but, said drawer has three petitions and this is way way too much info for a novice like me to comprehend. I gave up altogether when she started explaining what the bottle of blue liquid was for. I’ve wondered for years why we have two washing machines but, apparently one is a mythical device that actually dries clothes. Mind blowing 😳🤣

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Come on lads it’s a perfect drying day - wifey in church so me and the boy have done 3 loads that are on the line with a fourth in the machine - had the carpies not been spawning I admit we’d have sneaked off to the lake for a couple of hours though - so both earning brownie points for our joint session tomorrow to a commie ;)

Once it’s all dry & in later there will be much beer and BBQ obviously with a token bowl of salad that won’t get eaten.

Total

Site Supporter
Remember the washing powder Mick. I speak from experience 🙄. Thought I’d gain some browny points last year. Washed clothes, even put them out on the line but, according to SWMBO washing requires a powdery substance putting in with it. She pulled a drawer out and showed me where and how much to put in but, said drawer has three petitions and this is way way too much info for a novice like me to comprehend. I gave up altogether when she started explaining what the bottle of blue liquid was for. I’ve wondered for years why we have two washing machines but, apparently one is a mythical device that actually dries clothes. Mind blowing 😳🤣
I love the story you was telling me about the time you put clothes in the refrigerator and wondered where to put the washing powder! :oops:;):ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I love the story you was telling me about the time you put clothes in the refrigerator and wondered where to put the washing powder! :oops:;):ROFLMAO:
Did our lass tell you to post that Mark ? Some mate you are. 🙄. Not as bad as when you got up in the night and peed in the wardrobe. 🤣🤣👍

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I have just put my salopettes and jacket in the washing machine, which is the first time they will have been washed. It then crossed my mind as to waterproofing. What do you use for washing/waterproofing Mick?

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I'm off to screwfix for some of this. I'll let you know if it works well.... 1622381299163.png

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I'm off to screwfix for some of this. I'll let you know if it works well.... 1622381299163.png

If you haven’t already bought the Fabsil I would recommend Nikwax:

they do a spray on version too as well as larger volumes for big items

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Cheers Taff but I have washed the clothes already and just got back with the Fabsil... (y)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Goretex does not need re-proofing after every wash

either tumble dry it or get it out on the line to re-open the pores in it

if i do use a re-proofer its both types of nik-wax, the wash and then the proofer (blue and green tubs)