How to - Elasticate a Pole

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We get asked this question many times so having just bought a new pole myself, I thought I would take the opportunity to put a few pages together showing how to elasticate a pole for the first time and also how to fit a Cupping Kit

Here you go:

How to Elasticate a Pole

Any thoughts, tips or additions are welcome and I'll add them in where needed to complete the article

Cheers,

Dave

Free MD's Stickers

ray577

Best ive seen so far Dave, even a complete novice could follow that
well done

No.1 Matt

Baggin' Machine
fantastic informaion there mate that should sort any problems people have with elasticating poles!!!

matt

jim west ham

i have just bought a pole for the first time in about 8 years. i am not to keen on the crowsfoot connection so what not would you use to connect a stonfo quick release type connector. when i useto do this with a bloodnot i found it could slip if i pulled to hard.

jammy angler

chav hunter!
i use one of them loop nots (the ones needed for loop to loop) make sure you have a lot of lubricant on and pull it tight, if done correctly then it shud cum tight to the conector [:D] hope that helps

jammyangler

craig b

dave how about some info and maybe pics to show how to fasten line to a crows foot... it would be much appreciated [;)]

craig b

Rowthornelover

Decided to register after reading dave`s pole tips.Just bought my first pole-Drennen margin carp 8.5m-would love to hear some praise for this pole to make my first purchase more pleasing.Would also like to see pics or reasons for line tied to Crows foot instead of standard connectors.Does this cut into and weeken the elastic??.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here you go folks.[;)]

Peter.

Maggotdrowning.com
Individual Champion 2005 [:D]

Jinx Squad 2005/2006

goodyoungangler

absolutely fantastic guide!!

learnt me a thing or 2 bout elastication aswell lol

tight lines 2 all!![;)]

tharvey

slappy

has waved bye bye
spot on mate!!!
always handy to know as just got another spare pole yesday as you do!!!
been having problems with me other pole as there extension tops as old pole and its a night mare when folding them down and the elastic keeps rubbing inside!!
any ideas boys!!!
cheers
slppy

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You can buy purpose made inserts to put over the end of a folded topkit in which you lay your elastic to stop it chaffing on the ends of the sections
However these get lost easily so a better and 'free' option is to cut the ends off an elastic winder so that they are about an inch long, and use them to place your elastic over with the two cut 'legs' in the sections

Alteratively use a drinking straw folded in two but split on the fold [;)]

Dave

The Maggotdrowning Shop
Support MD's - Make a Donation

slappy

has waved bye bye
the problem i got is with the tele ones which slide inside each other,as old type of pole
the elastic gets in the way and i have t to pull the connector to allow it to slide inside
any ideas dave?
slappy

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just pull the connector and wrap the surplus round a winder, then just band the winder to the kit.

Peter.

Maggotdrowning.com
Individual Champion 2005 [:D]

Jinx Squad 2005/2006