How Sad Am I (Bait Prep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Don't read this if your feeling tired as you'll be sleep.gif before you finish it.

I'm fishing a 31/2hour evening open match tonight on a small carp puddle nr Daventry.

As it's a shallow water max depth is 3ft and it responds well to meat when fished over a soup feed i've just spent the last 3hrs getting my bait ready.

And i'm now finished and bored as i'm not leaving the house for another couple of hours so i thought i would bore you all with the details of my bait preparation (sad ain't i).

Started off by punching out 1 tin of meat (Chira bacon grill) into pellets from 2mm to 8mm for hookers to save time on the bank.

Then it was the soup mix, first in the bucket was:
2 pints Turkey Pellets (forms a milky cloud and full of protein)
1 pint Mussel flavoured Carp Pellets,
These were then covered with 5 1/4 pints of Marmite flavoured hot water (so they all mush up).
Next in was 1/2pint Pure Fishmeal
Followed by 1 tin of meat half riddled through a maggot riddle and the other through a squatt riddle.

Everything was then mixed up in the bucket and all it'll need on the bank is a bit more water added to get the soup just right.

Total cost of the ingredients was 1.48 plus 56p for the hookbait.
And anything thats left over will be bagged and frozen for next time.
So even if it does not require the amount of feed that i'll have there will be no waste and the cost is minamal.

And it's much better than going to work tonight even if i did book a nights holiday to fish.

You can all wake up now i've finished sleep.gif sleep.gif sleep.gif sleep.gif sleep.gif

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Edited by - MALC on 24 April 2002 2:48:08 PM

ray

makes me hungry just thinking about it.

clean banks campaign 2002 still has a few vacancies.....are you a member?
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Looks like we've our own Delia Smith on board

Wishing you success and lets hope you've cleaned the kitchen so that your missus lets you out

Dave

norm

MALC
and you want a mini match at drayton?

how can i compete with my half pint af maggots lol

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

martin.

Account Locked
hi malc
& my missus says im mad
but i find its half the fun & gets me syced up ready.
thanks for another recipe. i took 6 pints of maggots out of my fridge today to start turning for w/e 1 match sun 1 tues eve & then trev coming down wed for lake opening ill prob take another 4pints on friday eve for turning

tight lines.
martin.

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hi Malc,

What are turkey pellets and how and why do u use them.

If u took some bread and butter with all that soup u could have a picnic on the bank lolo

tight lines

Ray

MALC

Norm,
Don't worry regards bait at Drayton as i always take to much of everything and i've always been known as a little bit of a heavy feeder thats why i buy most things by the sack in bulk but the trouble is i tend to use it by the sack load as well.

Ray O,
Turkey Pellets are a protein rich poultry feed pellet that also contains mollasses.

When we had our pond and fish tanks i used to try out different things to see what sort of responce they got from the carp we used to keep and the reaction from the fish was unreal towards them.

Incase your wondering about them being harmfull to fish i checked them and everything else that i use (loads of weired stuff) with a fish biologist first and they all passed as non harmfull to fish.

I use them as a base for most of my carp groundbait mixes as when soaked they form a brilliant binder/bulking agent for method mixes and if over wetted into a soup they produce a milky grey cloud that stays suspended in the water for age's.

Also from my local grain shop they only cost 6 for 25kg sack which is half the price of brown crumb.

Most people would be amazed what you can pick up at the grain stores and how cheap it is in bulk.

Malc

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Malc,
You kep these recipes and tips coming mate,
I ned all the help I can Get!
Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

norm

trev
i (we) don`t think you need all the help you can get.
we read your posts mate.
and see the pics of all the fish you catch.
i think you are just hussling for a big win at dryton (lol)
dieing to meet ya mate.
see yas later
norm

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

MALC

Hi Kev or should that be sir after your success at Rolfs and WhiteAcres, well done mate. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
Nice to see you here welcome to the Maggotdrowning forums.

Yes it worked to a degree got 3rd with 34lb but got smaller fish than the winner who had 39lb so was happy any way.
Back there again tomorrow evenning.

Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.