how not to catch carp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

hiya all, wave.gif

scenario, you are fishing a lake that you know holds big bream and tench but also has plenty of carp, you want to fish the feeder to get some bream or to have ago for some tench but as soon as you try to go for them the carp move in.

how would you go about not catching the carp???

the swim you want to fish shelves from 2ft at the bank down to 12ft then levels off, you have got about 80yrds of water infront of you.

think green...keep the banks clean.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
shoot all the carp, nothing but nusiance fish anyway. icon_smile_wink.gif

It sounds to me like you need a "distraction" for the carp so i'd suggest chucking in an assortment of other baits a bit further down from your area then lob the feeder in as quick as possible so it can get to the bottom & settle before the carp realise whats going on.

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just go "carp fishing" Ray,
Then all you'll catch are those "nuisance" fish.icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Steve

This sounds like a re-run of a forum arguement I entered into a few months ago on a Welsh sea angling site, where people were complaining about catching Dog Fish. I dunno, you go fishin catch fish an complain, doh.

I suppose it's just that I am grateful if a fish take mercy on me and throws it's self on my hook to prevent a blank.

I wish I was good enough to select a fish to catch. Maybe if I keep visiting this excellent site, one day I will be good enough to target a species.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Maybe if I keep visiting this excellent site, one day I will be good enough to target a species

Dunno about that Steve,

Trogg has been visiting since it started and the only fish he gets to catch comes over a counter wrapped in batter icon_smile_big.gif lol

Dave

G

Simple Ray !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Select a lake with no carp in,,,, if you can find one that is,, ermmmmmm semmer water for one

icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

i'm going to bait up
Andy

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hiya Ray, good question! only thing i can think of trying is using just plain brown crumb in the feeder with squatts and dead pinkies, and double pinkie on the hook, and once you've got some bait in the swim change to a bomb, cos they come to the splash! so a feeder with just enough lead to get the distance and tape the holes up on the feeder so nothing comes out unitll its on the deck, and feather the cast to create as little disturbance as possible.

teepee.

brady

before you start fishing walk around the lake and look for signs of bream and tench feeding there feed bubbles tend to be smaller than carp then use litle or no freebies just hook bait

ray

hiya all, thanks for the replys.

steve, i'm not complaining, i just like catching bream and tench.
quote:I wish I was good enough to select a fish to catch. Maybe if I keep visiting this excellent site, one day I will be good enough to target a species.

you will be, with the exception of the troggster, i believe that no matter what level of fishing you are at you will learn something off this site, suggestion for ya, when you next go out, why not put it in the going fishing section and somebody may have a couple of hours spare to join you, that way aswell as a bit of company it also gives you the chance to pick up a few tips.

brady, allways do look for signs (bubbles ect) but the problem is that i can fet a couple of bream or tench then the carp move them away.
think i will give teepees suggestion a go and use pinkies/plain crumb swapping to a bomb to regulate the feed going in.

tomma, been trying to get back up to semmer all b****y summer but something allways pops up (no remarks troggy)

think green...keep the banks clean.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.