How much tackle you got?

Cobweb

Site Supporter
That’s an interesting point there from Marker50 on how much we actually take to the bank. For me it’s generally 2 or 3 rods and 2 or 3 reels, I rarely need more and it’s a comfortable amount to carry.
I'm about the same- usually a couple of feeders and a plus 1 (all made up) which might be a float or a carp rod depending on how my scouting of the venue turned out

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rods - about 15
Pole - just the one as gave s-in-law my spare
Reels - about 12 or so
Box/Seats - four
Bags, holdalls and carryalls - close to the number of handbags my missus has lol
Bivvies - 2
Bed chair -1
Other stuff - lots

jordie999

Site Supporter
I'm shocked?? I thought I had to much gear, But apparently not you lot beat me by miles, I've only got 7 feeders rods of various lengths. Don't do a lot of float fishing so only got 4 rods various lengths, and I only have 2 whips 2 margin poles and and 2 16m poles, so not much

mbuna_matt

Since I have a son who fishes but doesn't earn (yet, nearly though!) it seems to be at least 2x everything just at the moment.....

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’ve got 5 Garbolino feeder rods 8-11ft, mostly use my 9ft Altima and my 9ft Maver Reactorlite. Okuma 9ft feeder. I’ve also got a Drennan Vertex 13ft carp waggler. Garbolino 14ft waggler. 3 Korum 3000 method runner reels. Shimano Catana 2500 front drag and 4 other coarse reels.

MAP 121 13m pole and Browning 8m margin pole. 2 whips. 3 pole rollers.

3 Greys Prodigy 12ft carp rods. 3 Nash 10ft carp rods. 3 Korum 50 baitrunner reels. 3 Fox EOS10000 baitrunner.

2 spinning rods.

4 fly rods. 9ft 6# to 10ft 7#. Wychwood fly reel. Greys fly reel. 30 fly boxes. Wychwood fly luggage. Wychwood trout landing net.

2 heavy boat rods for sea fishing with Shimano reels.

Octoplus SupaStool seat box with custom seat and various Preston accessories.

2 Fox Warrior chairs.

2 Preston landing nets. 2 40” landing nets. 3 handles. 3 Garbolino keep nets.

Bedchair, pod, alarms, bivvy.

Map dual rod/pole holdall. Large Map carryall. Map bait bag. Map pole roller bag. Map stink bag. 4 Map accessory bags.

Powawalker trolley. 2 wheel match barrow.

I’ve not listed terminal tackle.

Looking at my list I should probably think about more insurance. It’s surprising what you accumulate over a few years.

bricky72

Site Supporter
Z9-2 16m
silverlite 14m
z8 16m
z6 16m
xitan margin pole
42 top kits
loads of top 3/4/5 at least 7 at last count
browning black magic 13m
acoylte 17tf
acoylte 15 ultra x2
acolylte 15 plus
acoylote 14 ultra
acoylote 13 ultra
acoyloe feeder plus 10/11/12 x 2
acoylote distance feeder 13 x 2
shimano beatmaster 11/13 hardly ever use it now sold
diawa feeder rod for vermin hardly ever use it
frenzee pellet wag not been used in 3 years
daiwa castzim 14ft Shimano 5000 reel
shakey continental 14 ft Shimano 5000 reel
various reels for above rods mainly Daiwa fuego on float rods in various sizes
feeeder rods reels pro caster on all acoylote
9 pole rollers various sizes
rive d36 for rivers natural etc
alan Lockwood stool for canal

100s of floats

Jesus I’m mad when look at what got and realise some is never used why keep it madness

Last edited:

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
1 10ft float rod
2 10ft feeder rods
2 12ft barbel rods
2 12 ft carp rods
All with bait runners,and cos I a tart all Shimano :upthumb: :LOL:

rudd

Site Supporter
I have inventoried my fishing tackle, even all my hooks and all other small items (I stopped counting split shot below No.4) and I have to say that I like my inventory list very much. It has become a big excel table in which all is listed. Also about every item there is information about date of purchase, condition, maintenance, etc...
Any good formulas or look up tables?

rudd

Site Supporter
I have enough tackle to cover my needs and all set ups get used.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I take a couple of rods and a couple of reels or 1 reel and a couple of spools... travelling light is usually the way... I often just take a rod & reel net pocket of bits and a bit of bait... I have waaaaay more fun that way... besides the tiny tivers round here are not conducive to the "kitchen sink" approach

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
How much tackle?
A sufficiency to keep my luscious lady friend happy.
Ah, fishing tackle.
COARSE
Nine rods
Five reels, two with spare spools loaded with different b.s. line
Three landing nets, but only two handles
Keep nets (2)
A sufficiency of floats, various end tackle and miscellaneous equipment.
Box to put it all in.
Brolley
Trolley
GAME
4-5 weight Grey's rod
2-3 weight rod
Reels(2) to match above
Wallet of flies
Several spare loaded spools with floating and sinking line.
Wallet of flys
SEA
Two Zippy 2500
One Zippy Bass rod
Three ABU 6500 ct
One ABU 5500
ONE ABU 2500 - also use it for deadbaiting for Pike
Miscellaneous terminal tackle and stuff.
BOAT
Don't do boats. In

Fritz

Petri Heil! (german angler‘s greeting)
Any good formulas or look up tables?
(Due to my improvement needed knowledge of the English language I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly?)

My inventory list is divided in different worksheets (Rods&Reels, Terminal Tackle, Hooks&Pole Rigs, Clothing, Luggage, Floats, Buying List)
Each worksheet has columns (category/typ , brand, product name, characteristics, amount, condition, date of purchase, location, maintenance needed?)
Every big item such as Rods and Reels also have their unique identification number (for example: my 3 Drennan FD 4000 have the numbers both in the sheet and written on them FD4.1, FD4.2, FD4.3) so that I can distinguish them.
I do not use many formulas beside some basic addition formulas (for example: swivels of the same kind and size are located in different tackle boxes - float fishing box and feeder fishing box...)
Also about every item their is an information where the item is located.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
so i have the following major items, from memory so not exact:

Pole - Browning Z9-2
Browning box and luggage, net handles, side trays
clothing - 4* browning polo shirt, 2* Bronwing hoodies, full waterproof browning clothign with 3/4 jacket, windstopper and bib and brace, 4* carp hoodies, 10* carp t shirts, 1* veritas smock for sea fishing, Preston innovation 3/4 jacket and B&B for sea fishing
Match Rods - 4* 9 to 11 foot browning feeder rods with browning reels on each, 4* 10 to 12ft browning pellet rods with browning reels on each, 2* Distance waggler rods with no reels, 2* 13ft heavy feeder rods with reels (cant remember make or model).
Carp/Barbel rods - 3* custom Torrix carp rods, 3* JRC carp rods, 3* Windcast Z reels, 3* Fox baitrunner reels, 1* Barbel/floater rod with a reel but cant remember the model, chub spod rod, barkley transmitter feature finding rod, both with diawa reels
Sea rods - 2* Shaimano 13ft Antares beach rods with 2* Shimano reels, 2* 15ft backcasting rods, 1* 7ft downtider with reel
1* Daiwa sea shelter, 1* Trakker Crossfire Bivvy, 1* JRC bivvy
1* baitboat with inbuilt fish finder
2* carp cradles
5* Guru carp keepnets

i think thats about it lol

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
That’s an interesting point there from Marker50 on how much we actually take to the bank. For me it’s generally 2 or 3 rods and 2 or 3 reels, I rarely need more and it’s a comfortable amount to carry.
To actually take to the bank normally depends on venue.
I generally take feeder rod and waggler rod both made up. Pole and top kits. Obviously seat box and luggage. Only thing I may take extra could be my margin pole and top kits

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
1 10ft float rod
2 10ft feeder rods
2 12ft barbel rods
2 12 ft carp rods
1 15 ft float rod and speedia pin to go with it
All with bait runners,and cos I a tart all Shimano :upthumb: :LOL:

feldri

Site Supporter
Add a new whip to mine...………….. bloody Bobco's sales. :)

Rick123

Site Supporter
I was talking to Sam about this maybe a year ago, he seems to be the only one close to what I've brought over the years. I do trade in old for new, but at one time I had over 70 rods in my loft and maybe 40 reels (quite a few quality fly reels I'll be selling off soon) Guess I'm down to about 30 rods now, but still have all the reels?

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
More importantly, where do you keep it all? Some of you must have rooms and rooms full to the door?